P&O Refunds? (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Has anyone had a refund from P&O for the Hull to Zeebrugge crossing?
I booked with a saver return so under normal circumstances they don't give refunds. Just wondered as we have a booking that they probably won't cancel as the ferry is still operating.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just found this on their website

Looks like you can have a credit and re book later

3A8162C5-A073-4A0E-A7EE-DF8A443A6BD0.png

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I'm quite sure that if the ferry/tunnel/airline operators refunded everyone they'd quickly go bust (and all vouchers or credit will become valueless) since they have already spent much of the pre-paid fares or are committed to contracts. At least one ferry company is seeking funding from the Gov't since without leisure customers they say they cannot survive to carry commercial traffic upon which much of our food supply depends.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
P&O. Just paid out a BIG Dividend. Now they have the begging bowl out for the UK government, This despite being Based in Dubai these days, as a Tax shelter.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I booked with a saver return so under normal circumstances they don't give refunds. Just wondered as we have a booking that they probably won't cancel as the ferry is still operating.
We have booked the same route for September so will be interested to see if you get a refund.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
P&O. Just paid out a BIG Dividend. Now they have the begging bowl out for the UK government, This despite being Based in Dubai these days, as a Tax shelter.
Think you will find digs their parent company that has paid the dividend to its shareholders.

How much P&O contributed to that in profits/dividends I don't know.

JnJ

Mar 15, 2019
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
We booked through CMC to go P&O Hull to Zeebrugge on 31st May. Rang to discuss options before paying balance because due to family circumstances we are unlikely to be able to rebook later this/next year. CMC couldn't have been more helpful and were speaking to P&O at same time as me to see what could be done. We decided to cancel expecting to lose at least the £75 deposit but few days later we received cancellation email and notification of deposit refund.

Joy

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
The experience above was somewhat different to mine.I cancelled in the same circumstances and was told I would lose 10% of the total booking fee,in my case £55 because the crossing hadn’t been cancelled by the company.The fact I wasn’t allowed to travel or even disembark in Belgium didn’t seem to matter at all.I have contacted the club regarding this but they didn’t want to know and just blamed P and O.I have used the route twice a year for the last 12 years and never had to cancel.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Was on Radio Humberside earlier in the week that the Hull-Zeebrugge ferries were parked up, possibly soon to be joined by the Hull-Rotterdam ferries.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We booked through CMC to go P&O Hull to Zeebrugge on 31st May. Rang to discuss options before paying balance because due to family circumstances we are unlikely to be able to rebook later this/next year. CMC couldn't have been more helpful and were speaking to P&O at same time as me to see what could be done. We decided to cancel expecting to lose at least the £75 deposit but few days later we received cancellation email and notification of deposit refund.

Joy
I did the same for crossing early april.I have optimistically moved it to early sept..May have to move it again but fingers crossed.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back