P & O Dover Ferry (arriving A Little Early) (1 Viewer)

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are booked in for the 8.35am ferry next Monday :) but I've changed my departure time from home so I'm anticipating getting down there around 4.00am. Can you go through customs etc and then get your head down while waiting on the dock to board if we don't get an put on an earlier ferry or do they tell you to return later?

Thanks Antony

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We have found when you turn up early they put you on the next available sailing.
Done this a few times with P&O.

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
hya at that time in the morning you will probably get on the early ferry if you ask... its a chance worth taking ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I arrived over 2 hours early and was asked if I would like to pay to go on an earlier ferry. A categoric no response got me to a lane all by myself. Like yourself, I planned on getting 40 winks before embarkment. As I prepared to put my head down I heard a knock on the door from a pretty young female loading attendant. She suggested I could now proceed to the car deck ramp and board the earlier ferry. Needless to say, I didn't argue:)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
In 15 years I have arrived early on many many occassions...
Most times been given an earlier crossing.
They sometimes try it on and ask for more money to go early, I bluff it out and tell them I'm ok to wait :) Own bed and kitchen on board..

Only once was I refused as it was a Saturday tea time and I was about 4 hours early. At Calais and no chance even if i did want to pay, there is a special gate to leave the port and back onto the terminal car park.. So never panic about trying it..
We went off for Fish and Chips and came back later, sorted and even had the ferry before the one booked..

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We arrived at Dunkirk once a day early and they put us on the next ferry without any queries

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I arrived a month late at calais, they transferred my ticket, no charge lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.