Oyster Vision V going on the van today - scary stuff! (1 Viewer)

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Taken the plunge and having Oyster V system fitted today. Really wrestled with having my roof drilled but I'm assured (5 year warranty against water ingress installation warranty) that all will be well. Saved hard for it so hope it's a success!

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
DON'T DO IT ..................

Only joking we have an Oyster and love it :clap:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Our Oyster has been up on the roof for coming on seven years now. Never had any leaks and apart from once having to change the transponder numbers, never had any trouble with it. And I converted it to dual LNB. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Taken the plunge and having Oyster V system fitted today. Really wrestled with having my roof drilled but I'm assured (5 year warranty against water ingress installation warranty) that all will be well. Saved hard for it so hope it's a success!
So long as you have taken your motorhome to a bona fide business you should be fine. Check for little signs, clean a tidy premises, lots of stock, other motorhomes and owners there buying things and getting toys installed.

That way you'll have confidence that "if" something goes wrong, what ever the reason, there will be a desire to fix things quickly without fuss or arguement

And the new Oyster is a good piece of kit

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Very good points , tidy company, goes a long way , I remember whilst looking for a pvc on a road trip in my old transit I stopped off at several companies unannounced and some well I just looked thru the fence and thought no way am I dealing with them !

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Very good points , tidy company, goes a long way , I remember whilst looking for a pvc on a road trip in my old transit I stopped off at several companies unannounced and some well I just looked thru the fence and thought no way am I dealing with them !
Pub toilets are my pet hate, I get a flowery description of the way that they are going to cook my dinner, but can't be arsed to keep the toilets clean lol

Puts me off ordering! Well at least until another couple of pints(y)

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Well it's fitted now and I'm very happy with it so far. Not a scary as I thought. The fitter did a very neat job and came to the house to do it which swung the deal. Got a free icecrypt receiver with the deal so can pick up Intel 907 too.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I wish I knew what one was, I might want one.
Enjoy your TV.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hummm, so that gives you all the crap you watch at home, available to watch crap when your in southern Spain.
No thanks is all I'll say, useful, but not for me at that price !
I'll just look at the scenery, wildlife, oceans, flowers, sky, stars, moon, rivers, trees.
That'll do for me !

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Only 2 incoming - not too bad! It's down to what suits the individuals really. I'm sure many people would be happier knitting, reading and listening to radio 4. Good luck to them - each to their own.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Pub toilets are my pet hate, I get a flowery description of the way that they are going to cook my dinner, but can't be arsed to keep the toilets clean lol

If they can’t be bothered to keep their toilets clean which they know you can see,then I wouldn’t like to see the state of their kitchen which you don’t have access to.

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years

I always check the bog out in any pub I've not been to before. If the bogs are a s£1t house then I'll go somewhere else. Even those that have no soap, I'll walk away....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back