Oyster Vision Autoskew,Help please. (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I want to get the dish to align to Intelsat 907,I have done it a couple of months ago but for the life of me I can't seem to do it today. It is in the list of active satellites but when I go to the other screen to change it it is not on the list. There are maybe 20 odd on one list but on the other screen there is only 8 or 9,I have moved 907 up to third on the list but that didn't help either. I have got my new satellite receiver wired up (Icecrypt S1700) and have got it working on Astra2 ok,I now want to move the dish so that I can scan the other satellites. All help gratefully received. :giggle:

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Have you got the manual for the oyster? It will tell you in there how to do it.
In your oyster control box you will have 4 satellites pre programmed, something like Astra1 Astra 2 Astra 3 and eutelsat. You should be able to replace one of these with Intelsat 907.
On your icecrypt box you need to highlight intelsat 907 and then you need to upload the channels via usb to the icecrypt box, you then need to enter the latest biss codes into icecrypt.

HTH

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Have you got the manual for the oyster? It will tell you in there how to do it.
In your oyster control box you will have 4 satellites pre programmed, something like Astra1 Astra 2 Astra 3 and eutelsat. You should be able to replace one of these with Intelsat 907.
On your icecrypt box you need to highlight intelsat 907 and then you need to upload the channels via usb to the icecrypt box, you then need to enter the latest biss codes into icecrypt.

HTH
The icecrypt box is all set up with the biss codes,it's the Oyser that isn't going to 907 thats the problem.I have scanned Astra 1 ,if I can't get it done before Monday hopefully Oyster can sort it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Once you are on, say Astra 2, have you tried selecting "change sat" from the menu? Select Intelsat 907 using arrow buttons. A red light should flash on the control panel during the realignment process. Assume you've checked line of sight.

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
@bigtree you will have to program Intelsat into your control unit. The Vision III manual tells you how to do it.
Intelsat is at 27.5w, Astra 1 is at 19e so you won't find it at Astra 1.

Maybe in your best interest to get Oyster tech to talk you through it.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
@bigtree you will have to program Intelsat into your control unit. The Vision III manual tells you how to do it.
Intelsat is at 27.5w, Astra 1 is at 19e so you won't find it at Astra 1.

Maybe in your best interest to get Oyster tech to talk you through it.
Thanks for the info,I know where it is and I'am sure I got it to turn to 27.5W earlier this year ,I need to put in the frequency for it I think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back