Hobbyguy

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 700
Exp
Since 2006
Hi , I’ve got an oyster vision 2 that I have unfortunately spilled water on whilst doing some maintenance, it made some clicking noises now it is not working, is there any where I can get a reconditioned one or maybe get this one repaired as new ones are extremely expensive.
many thanks Hobby guy.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
What bit have you spilled water on, the control box or the dish mechanism? A repair is quite feasible and certainly much cheaper than a replacement - you don't say where you are so cannot recommend but get in touch with the UK agents at Daventry - they're more than helpful.
They also have a presence on the forum, I think it's Anthony OysterTech and are very helpful. Now I've alerted him he'll be here shortly no doubt.

OP
OP
H

Hobbyguy

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 700
Exp
Since 2006
Sorry, it is the main control box where the 14 multi point cable and Ariel are plugged in, I’m in southern Spain ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
If it's the roof dish mechanism, can't you dry it out with a hairdryer? AFAIK the only thing electrical in the mech is the exposed reed switch. Also, if you remove the dish arm, you need to reset it following a set procedure. Anthony might respond Monday when he returns from the weekend.

The reset procedure is documented on this forum if you search under member Anthony OysterTech.

PS. Overtaken by OP response. Perhaps a hairdryer is your best bet for now.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hood morning Hobby Guy,

Unfortunately circuit boards have a slight allergic reaction to water so I would suggest preparing for the worst case scenario which would be a new one at £430 + VAT and Carriage.
Saying that though we would be more than happy to look at it for you. If you were to send the unit in to us then we could inspect the board and if it is repairable we would let you know. If not then there wouldn't be any service charge for looking at it if you purchased the new box from us.

Hope that helps however it's impossible for me to say any more really without seeing it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back