Oyster Vision 2 (1 Viewer)

IandJ

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
Funster No
Hi all,
My sat dish will not lock onto Astra 2. It worked fine a few weeks ago, but was unable to find a signal when we went away last week (I assumed that it was just trees blocking the signal). However since returning home I can still not get a signal, parked where I usually can. The dish goes up & starts automatic search Astra 2 but just keeps searching even after a good 20 minutes. Pulled the fuse to reboot the system & tried again but still no luck.
Any other suggestions to try before ringing the experts appreciated. Hopefully I am missing something really obvious.

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Probably needs updating as things change regularly, I called Oyster Sat-Tech last year and the lady talked me through it. Tel office 01858 575928. Looks like I will have to do the same before we go away.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Don't think there have been any recent changes to the Astra 2 frequencies.

The Oyster stores 4 preset frequencies for each satellite. You could try the other available stored frequencies.

With dish searching, press right arrow and hold. Then press left arrow to toggle through the other 3 frequencies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It is really important that you let the system give up. We tell people till we are blue in the face, let the system complete its search. This is a shortened example of a regular conversation when it is reported that the customer system appears not lock on

"Did you let it complete it's search pattern?"

"It went round and round for ages"

"Yes, but did the system give up and park itself?"

"Yes it went round and round for ages and then I turned it off"

"Was it still searching when you turned it off?"

"Yes it was going round and round and round!"

"OK Sir/Madam, turn it back on and leave it alone until it stops and phone us back"

Twenty minutes later "Hi its me again, its working now! I wonder what it was?"

"Just you Sir" Is what we would like to say lol

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Afternoon,

There was a frequency turned off in November (10729) that was used on older versions of Oyster software which could be the problem you are experiencing. If that's the case then there are no other working frequencies in that particular software version so the system will require updating.
Normally, we can update the frequencies over the phone as noted above however you will need to check for compatibility first to make sure you have the menu we need.
If you turn the system on and as it opens press the tick the system should stop and display "Main menu" on the screen. If it does this then give us a call when you are with it (on 01858575928) and either myself or one of my colleagues can talk you through the update process to get the system working again however if it stops and displays "settings" or does not stop at all then I'm afraid that the software version on the system is too old to hold the hidden menu required. If that's the case then we would require the larger brain unit of the system to be sent or brought to our premises in Northamptonshire where we can update the system properly.

I hope that helps but should you need any further assistance please come back to me.

OP
OP
I

IandJ

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
Funster No
Thank you everyone for your help.
Anthony I think you have solved the problem for us. It was last November that we were last using the system. I will follow your advice tomorrow & see if I need to send you the unit or hopefully a phone call will fix it.
Regards
Ian

May 21, 2016
Algarve & North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Afternoon,

There was a frequency turned off in November (10729) that was used on older versions of Oyster software which could be the problem you are experiencing. If that's the case then there are no other working frequencies in that particular software version so the system will require updating.
Normally, we can update the frequencies over the phone as noted above however you will need to check for compatibility first to make sure you have the menu we need.
If you turn the system on and as it opens press the tick the system should stop and display "Main menu" on the screen. If it does this then give us a call when you are with it (on 01858575928) and either myself or one of my colleagues can talk you through the update process to get the system working again however if it stops and displays "settings" or does not stop at all then I'm afraid that the software version on the system is too old to hold the hidden menu required. If that's the case then we would require the larger brain unit of the system to be sent or brought to our premises in Northamptonshire where we can update the system properly.

I hope that helps but should you need any further assistance please come back to me.

This frequency 10.730 H 27500 is alive and kicking. I am tuned into RTP3 as I write.

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
This frequency 10.730 H 27500 is alive and kicking. I am tuned into RTP3 as I write.

Sorry SquirePete, I should of been more clear.
The frequency I was referring to is 10729 V 22000 and is inactive on Astra 2.
I can only assume that the frequency you are referring to is active on another Satellite.

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry, I now see that the frequency you are referring to is on Hispasat.
The OP on this thread was asking about fixes to restore automatic search function on Astra 2.

OP
OP
I

IandJ

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
Funster No
Thank you very much for all your help today Anthony. Great to speak to you & have someone who is so knowledgable about his subject help me out.
Ian

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Afternoon,

Oyster service is about as good as you can get. Got me out of trouble a few months ago even though it took a very long phone call. Top company

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
10729 V 22000 on Astra 2 used to carry the C4+1 channels, but after a bit of reorganisation, that frequency is now no longer carrying any channels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back