Oyster vision 2 control box issues (1 Viewer)

hazrd84

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class
I have had an oyster vision 2 for a few years now with no problems but recently the past 6 months it has been a right so and so !
It seems to find Astra 2 no problem but when control box clicks on it then clicks a second later off again ! To make it stranger it always seems to work outside my own house but as soon as we go on our travels this is when the control box start its issues ? I have had a look through many threads and this doesn’t seem a common fault or even one that anyone can relate too . I have priced the control Unit and it’s around £450 so before I go and replace that I just wondered if anyone had any other ideas or suggestions? Please please please I would be very grateful!
Ali

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
I have had an oyster vision 2 for a few years now with no problems but recently the past 6 months it has been a right so and so !
It seems to find Astra 2 no problem but when control box clicks on it then clicks a second later off again ! To make it stranger it always seems to work outside my own house but as soon as we go on our travels this is when the control box start its issues ? I have had a look through many threads and this doesn’t seem a common fault or even one that anyone can relate too . I have priced the control Unit and it’s around £450 so before I go and replace that I just wondered if anyone had any other ideas or suggestions? Please please please I would be very grateful!
Ali
Have you done a software update?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hazrd84

hazrd84

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class
Would that explain why it would work intermittently? But to the answer of that I haven’t done one since I have had it

OP
OP
hazrd84

hazrd84

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class
That’s what I’m going to try first then Steve
Thank you very much!
i will let you know 👍

OP
OP
hazrd84

hazrd84

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class
Ali
So I have tried an update using sd card which seemed to work but it hasn’t made any difference
Still finds satellite (now Astra 1) then control box clicks on but within a second clicks again and picture goes
Has anyone ever experienced this , I’m thinking my next step will be to get a technician to look at it as I don’t seem to be gettin anywhere

OP
OP
hazrd84

hazrd84

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class
Ali

OP
OP
hazrd84

hazrd84

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class
I have tried an update using sd card but hasn’t made any difference

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
Oyster Sat-Tech Ltd.
Unit 5, Hemploe Business Park
Hemploe Road, Welford
Northants, NN6 6HF

Communication​

Tel.: +44 1858 575 928
Fax: +44 1858 575 028
E-mail: info@oystersat-tech.co.uk

antony is a great bloke he will know whats wrong

OP
OP
hazrd84

hazrd84

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class
Thanks !!
yeah I think I need professional help

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
Give him a ring he opens at 8.30 monday ,you can also post the control box to him to fix (y)

OP
OP
hazrd84

hazrd84

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class
Aaa well the man himself ! Lol
I’m ok to give you a buzz on Monday to discuss ?

OP
OP
hazrd84

hazrd84

Free Member
Jul 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class
hi yes I still require assistance we’v been away for long weekend in the motorhome so I was going to call and tomorrow?

ali

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Ali,

We're in the office all day now until 5pm. With the nature of the fault it would be easier to talk directly rather than through here so give us a call when your ready and if you can be with the equipment when you do that may be helpful although not critical. The office number is 01858575928

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back