england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
any one got one?

Link RemovedLink Removed
The SunMover® is an intelligent and GPS-controlled solar system which automatically tracks the sun’s path during the day. It is equipped with a specifically designed 75-Wp solar module which is always perfectly aimed at the sun - hence providing optimal energy yield.
The average yield is equivalent to that of about three fixed horizontal 75-Wp solar modules. The SunMover® system thus saves a lot of space on the vehicle roof and is very easy to operate by simply pressing a button.
The enhanced yield of the SunMover® system is even greater in winter (up to factor 7). During the winter months, the sun is always low over the horizon, and horizontally positioned modules only generate a minimal yield, accordingly.
Operator unit
The fully automatic control center located inside your vehicle is full of intelligent software. At the touch of a button, the system moves into the sun position.
GPS (Global Positioning System)
The term GPS (Global Positioning System) is usually associated with navigation systems. But what has a solar system to do with a navigation system? Usually, nothing. However, the SunMover® system uses GPS data to determine the precise position of the system, date and time. Using this information, the SunMover® system calculates its precise position relative to the sun. Even on cloudy days the solar module is then aimed directly at the sun and provides maximum yield.
Features:

• Intelligent solar system with polycrystalline 75-Wp solar module to automatically track the sun during the day
  • Operator unit with illuminated display in DE, GB, FR, NL, IT, ES, SE, DK, FI and PT
  • Automatic opening at dawn and retraction at dusk (optional)
  • Automatic retraction at vehicle start
  • GPS control with continuous transfer of date, time, sun position and vehicle position. This ensures an optimal position relative to
  • the sun and a constant maximum energy yield
  • Suitable for the usage till 60 degrees of latitude north
  • Low space requirements due to single solar module
  • Convenient operation: push-button control, enhanced mobility
  • Yield advantage: The self-tracking 75-Wp solar module provides a yield equivalent to about three single horizontal 75-Wp modules (measured over the period of one year in Germany, depends from season and weather)
  • Low power consumption of motor unit - less than 1 % of the yield
  • High-quality craftsmanship and durable materials
  • 3-year warranty and reliable service

http://*************************/st...Sun-Tracking-Solar-Panel-System/prod_311.html

OP
OP
chrisgreen

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
any ,,but it fits to the size of space on your roof :Eeek:
read the post again as iv just updated it:thumb:
i think if you were to put to big a panal on it ,it might become to wind affected?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
we are in the process of building our own from an old analogue Oyster sat system. should be complete for when I return to the UK. Reports at present are very good.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
To be honest and before anyone spends too much money! I have the Alden Phenix on my Winnie. Van Bitz used to import them. We stopped last year as they are simply too expensive for the benefits you get from them.

By tracking the sun the panel is perpendicular to the sun much much longer, so it works out on average about FIVE times more efficient than a conventional falt panel, when you remember/can be bothered to put the thing up. The rest of the time it acts just like a conventional flat panel. However, in the summer a conventional flat panel will be working well, for a long time, so the Phenix is really overkill

In the winter when there is very little solar activity? well five times nothing is still nothing!

Spend your money wisely!

Eddie

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
To be honest and before anyone spends too much money! I have the Alden Phenix on my Winnie. Van Bitz used to import them. We stopped last year as they are simply too expensive for the benefits you get from them.

By tracking the sun the panel is perpendicular to the sun much much longer, so it works out on average about FIVE times more efficient than a conventional falt panel, when you remember/can be bothered to put the thing up. The rest of the time it acts just like a conventional flat panel. However, in the summer a conventional flat panel will be working well, for a long time, so the Phenix is really overkill

In the winter when there is very little solar activity? well five times nothing is still nothing!

[HI]Spend your money wisely![/HI]

Eddie

Well, I was sold on that idea until I read your Post Eddie, I thought that sounds like a good idea. I know that Wildman sits one in his front windscreen pointing at the sun and he gets far more out of that than a flat panel.

I shall watch this with interest........:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back