Oyster satellite problem (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Hi I wonder if anyone can help with my Oyster satellite problem. I apologise if this is a rather long explanation but please bear with me.

The oyster dish is programmed to rotate in its search to a given point then stop and rotate the opposite way. A couple of years ago mine rotated full circle without stopping, this was caused by the bolt that stops being bent. I straightened it and it
worked ok from then on. (I have been told that this is a problem with the Oyster and there is an upgrade, does anyone know if this is correct).

I upgraded my motor home this year so transferred the dish, mine was the Mark 1 (box showing map) Oyster at that time were offering an upgrade at a reduced price for the Mark 2 box if you sent them the old Mark 1 box. Mark 2 box is compatible with the dish on the van. I took them up on this offer and all was fitted and everything worked well on my trip to Europe.

Last month while on the Aires in Narbonne I was putting the dish up and during the search there was an unsuspected strong gush of wind, the dish started rotating full circle, I suspected the bolt had bent again so I cancelled the search and the dish retracted but not in it correct position.

On returning home I dismantled the dish from the top of the van and the bolt was bent. I have straightened this and put it back on the van. On starting the system up the box
in the van reads IGNITION ON but nothing else happens. I have checked both motors and they are both working. Does anyone have any knowledge of the workings of the Oyster system. Hope someone can help.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi Mate, all I can help here is that I have the same system on my m/h but when it says ignition is on this means that my ignition is switched on and the dish will automaticly return to its flat home position, this saves me leaving it up and getting damaged by wind as you drive along or low bridges or branches etc and there will be no response from any buttons, it is a safeguard on mine, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Oyster

Just to let all know have contacted Oyster direct, very helpfiull, should have done that first. Problem should be easy to sort and there is an upgrade for the bolt which I am purchasing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back