Oyster satellite & DVD question (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
A stupid question, I know but I have an Oyster satellite system with the D5000 receiver which has 3 RCA connectors labeled "DVD in". Do I just plug a DVD player in here and it will work on the TV?
Thanks in advance.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Suggest you contact Oyster Sat-Tech Ltd (UK agent for Oyster). They are very helpful and should be able to advise.

It would seem reasonable to plug your DVD into that socket but best to check first. Don't think many people use the original receiver supplied with the Oyster system. I now use a Sky box or the built-in TV decoder (free to air).

As you have a Carthago, why not join the UK club - they have a wealth of knowledge.

OP
OP
Richard Birkett
Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks wagoneer. It's a twin lnb and so we have sky plus in the bedroom. The bedroom tv has a built in DVD & it would be good to be able to watch DVDs in the lounge. I'll contact Oyster sat tech as you suggest. I didn't know there was a Carthago club. I'll investigate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Biffo57

Free Member
Mar 13, 2016
Littleborough, Rochdale Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trailer
Exp
I'm a newbe
Hi I have got a Oyster dish which we have not used for a while because we have been in Spain & Portugal but now we are in northern France again & it's coming up LNB error can anybody help please?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back