Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well I never knew about that I have now switched on and tunned in
image.jpg

That’s better all the channels without the dish up, top man, Denise can now watch her favourite programs in this galeforce wind.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve and Denise

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well the tv has all channels from the Hymer aerial thanks for mentioning that Lenny HB,
I have just had another look on the roof still can’t see anything that looks like one unless it is in the roof ? But working a treat

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Well I never knew about that I have now switched on and tunned inView attachment 323627
That’s better all the channels without the dish up, top man, Denise can now watch her favourite programs in this galeforce wind.

Peace at lasts until she finds you another job(n):D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Well the tv has all channels from the Hymer aerial thanks for mentioning that Lenny HB,
I have just had another look on the roof still can’t see anything that looks like one unless it is in the roof ? But working a treat
The aerials were internal I think in the over cab area until about 2016. They then changed to the roof mounted whip and included a DAB amplifier which works superbly.

Not surprised you didn't know about it if you bought from a UK dealer. Their product knowledge is almost zero, jumped up car salesman. The German & Belgium dealers know their product.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi all,

Above information is correct although there isn't any exact figure really as systems of different ages are going to have different levels of wear. How much use the system has is also going to be a factor so where as Ten-Haaft try to give exact information on wind speeds I just generally say that if the wind is breaking your picture up, put the dish down.
The signal is a pretty fine beam so if your picture is ok then the dish is coping with what's being thrown at it so don't worry about it but as soon as that picture starts pixelating or breaking up completely then it's time to retract!

Hope that helps.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
The aerials were internal I think in the over cab area until about 2016. They then changed to the roof mounted whip and included a DAB amplifier which works superbly.

Not surprised you didn't know about it if you bought from a UK dealer. Their product knowledge is almost zero, jumped up car salesman. The German & Belgium dealers know their product.
On that very point Lenny, new B674 and have had interference on fm from the start. DAB fine. The dealer has changed the head unit, pioneer, installed a suppressor type unit that Hymer instructed to install because of interference was a known issue but still an issue. Have a 32in tv and oyster 5. They are now going to change the external arial but I still haven't much confidence that is going to resolve it. Strange thing is when we picked it up no interference for about 10min driving - perfect and then it started. Any ideas?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
On that very point Lenny, new B674 and have had interference on fm from the start. DAB fine. The dealer has changed the head unit, pioneer, installed a suppressor type unit that Hymer instructed to install because of interference was a known issue but still an issue. Have a 32in tv and oyster 5. They are now going to change the external arial but I still haven't much confidence that is going to resolve it. Strange thing is when we picked it up no interference for about 10min driving - perfect and then it started. Any ideas?
Never had any problems with ours but don't use FM much I use mainly DAB. TV reception on it is very good although tend to use the sat most of the time.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010

Have you got any after market DRL fitted this was a source of interference with our Head unit

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
On our first van I fitted a Megasat Countryman Pro, (Snipe Pro Max) and although it was not documented if the wind got up over a certain speed it automatically retracted, this was stationary with the ignition off. if the wind was not to strong below about 45 mph it stayed up.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Probably a stupid question but presumably you only get terrestrial TV on a whip aerial. So if in mainland Europe you get local TV.

Yes, but only if you retune the telly to pick them up.

Ian

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Don't forget when abroad if the local station is broadcasting a UK/US program with digital broadcasts you can turn off the dubbing and have the original English soundtrack.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Didn't bother with satellite. The time you need it and the weather's shi rubbish, you can't use it. And footprint so small abroad now.

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Didn't bother with satellite. The time you need it and the weather's shi rubbish, you can't use it. And footprint so small abroad now.

Not used ours in the 5 years we've owned the MH. Now converting it into a sun tracking 80 watt solar panel. A friend is doing the tricky electrical bits and I've now made a mount for the panel and attached it to the Oyster base........

20190817_170943.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back