Oyster Sat Dish will not retract - Help! (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil MLI 570
Exp
Since 2018
Hi there
Have a real problem in that our satellite dish will not retract. Have even started the engine and will not retract. Have had a Y Motor Error now saying Init Error with a tick by the side of it. Any help much appreciated
Paul

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
This happened to us earlier this year in Italy. Husband changed the fuse for the motor in the control box several times but each time it blew. Managed to manually retract it by unscrewing the bolts that held it vertically and folded it down, but because it hadn't gone back into it's fold down position on the roof it stuck out of the side of the motorhome, so we had to completely take it down and put it in the garage. Hope you have better luck by changing the fuse.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
If it had been during the week you could have rang Anthony at oyster sat tech, but no good at weekends to you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
Hi there
Have a real problem in that our satellite dish will not retract. Have even started the engine and will not retract. Have had a Y Motor Error now saying Init Error with a tick by the side of it. Any help much appreciated
Paul

You can try this.

There is a process to follow which may rectify your problem.

Take the red 10 amp fuse out of the power lead going into the main brain box of the system. (if you are unsure of where this is there should be a thin black lead going into your control box with the buttons on it, follow this lead back and it will go into the brain box)

You then need to go onto the roof and undo the two 17mm bolts that hold the dish arm onto the system mounted to the baseplate. Don't take the bolts out, just make sure that they are loose enough to be able to move the dish up and down with your hand.

Then you need to go back into the vehicle and replace the 10 amp fuse, the display should light up for a few seconds and then it will go blank.

Once it has done this you can go back onto the roof and tighten up the two 17mm bolts with the dish in the down position.

This process should reset the system. If this doesn't work then something may be damaged inside the system.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
If it had been during the week you could have rang Anthony at oyster sat tech, but no good at weekends to you.

well I wouldn’t say that. I’m still about in spirit you know. ?
Basically what Brian said. If the system will not retract under its own power there is no other way to get it down. It could be a power problem or a board fault with either the brain unit or PCB in the roof unit l, it could also simply be a motor fault but I would need to see it to work out which.
My advice would be to ring me in the office Monday morning (I’m in from 8:30) on 01858575928 and we can go through a few things and see if there’s any way of putting it right without a visit.

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
If you can't get it to retract, as a last resort, you can loosen the two bolts each side of the main bracket, drop it down and re-tighten. This doesn't help much if it's pointing to the side when it stops working but may get you on your way untill you can get it sorted. Just remember to loosen the bolts again before trying a repair, it would probably cause some damage if you forget.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pjs25
Oct 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil MLI 570
Exp
Since 2018
Many thanks for all your help - managed to manually lower as suggested by Vic. Fortunately I think the mechanism worked up to the point where it lined the dish up for lowering so in the end easy to lower and at least move on. Will call Anthony in the morning. Thanks so much everyone again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back