LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hello all,have brought my RV up from Wales today and tried the Oyster sat.
All it does is go round and round and up and down,finaly coming to rest after 10 minutes where there is obviously no satellite.
Have checked all leads and they seem OK.
Any ideas before it costs me serious money.
By the way its an old model Oyster that I have to run a sky box in tandem with.
There is no buildings,trees or any obstructions nearby.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
sounds to me as though you are fishing for information dave:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::roflmto:

also posted by way of a BUMP:winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
try it without the sky box and see if it finds a signal from any satellites dave.....it may be confusing things.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Now this really is a case of the blind leading the blind but here goes.
I posted a similar post yesterday and received not too much information re the oyster system but I will tell you what I have found.

Park the dish and pull out the right hand plug from big flat box for just a few minutes. Press and hold both arrows together and keep them pressed whilst re inserting the plug and then release the two arrows almost immediately and system should go into re set.

I have found this makes no bloody differece so------ if you see the dish about vertical and you know it is roughly pointing towards Astra 2 press the return button but only once and dish stands still,

Fiddle with everything until it says manual set and then click it a degree at once and if man upstairs is on your side you will pick up a signal.

If this doesnt work push up silly arial and try to tune to terrestrial channels, get fed up of watching an almost un watcheable picture and repeat above procedure.

I have no idea why, but when you have fiddled for two hours and given up had a few beers and cussed a little, that bloody system becomes far more bidable and goes to Astra 2 within two minutes.

:pray::pray::pray::drink::drink::drink::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

and after that there is nowt worth watching and its bed time

If you happen to find a better way please post on here

Thanks Alan

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Sorry forgot to mention, if you have not got 14 volts showing on battery go for a nine mile drive around and then come back and try again

Better still go and watch tele in nearest local pub and come home tiddly and go to bed early.

Alan

Ruskin

Free Member
Oct 7, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
Exp
2 years
Oyster sat

I to have an oyster satellite and it drives me bonkers. Sometimes it finds a signal other times like yours just go round and round. My wife has been known to go for a walk when she knows I'm about to try the Satellite. It was on the van when we got it, and I wish it wasn't.
Had mine fixed (again) the problem was that the trasponder? had been turned off and my sat couldn't lock on. Its supposed to find another automactically. It cost me £10 to get it re programmed ( I think the guy felt sorry for me as he's fixed it before). Anyway on our last trip out it now says 'no signal being received'

I had to go into a darkened room and lie down. Good luck with yours

Jim

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have tried it without the skybox in line and its still the same.
Will try a manual setup tomorrow,the guy next door but one turned up tonight with a MH that I bought in Spain 5 years ago and sold to a woman here in the UK,it turns out he has just bought it off her,small world.
Problem is he wanted to know everything about it.
A couple of photoes from when I had almost finished working on it.
It was a rare beast was that,one of a kind Elddis autoking tag axle,with all the toys,Onan LPG genny the lot.

Attachments

• S6000221.jpg
    S6000221.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 23
  • S6000224.jpg
    S6000224.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 25

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
Oyster did a software update a couple of years ago when a new satellite was put up near Astra 2.
This caused exactly the same symptoms on our Oyster
Robert Jackson (TSC) updated the software and it's been fine ever since.

Soundman

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
You Oysterizers are not on your own ::bigsmile: We inherited a Kathrein System last Oct and only now-after a visit to Road Pro-is it working properly (sort of) We've got used to watching TV on the laptop using a 3Dongle.

Mike.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

It must be a good day for Oysters

Just turned my motorhome around in drive and thought I would try the dish. Never been known before it did half a circle and locked onto Astra 2.

Just fot the hell of it I am going to take it for a drive around the block and park it the other way around and give it another go

Chuffed to bits Alan

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
laneside

Well took it around the block and turned it other way and believe it or not within one full circle it was locked onto astra 2 again.

Sods law says it will take half a blooming day to find Astra 2 when we are away and want it.

Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back