sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have the Oyster internet set up and use satalliteinternet as my ISP. I have had some odd issues that I would like to see if I am alone or I am doing something wrong. I tend to use it as an option for poor or non existent WiFi and last year I was at Camping Bella Vista, switched on and it locked on quickly and was fast. The site WiFi was unusually fast at the time so I switched off the Sat Internet. A few days later the WiFi was crap so I fired up the Oyster, it said going to last azimuth etc but did not seem to be in the right area to me it kept whizzing around and no lock. So I switched it off and made some enquiries to Sat internet and Oyster. Short answer I was at the edge/outside the envelope so that's why it would not lock and I was lucky it worked first time. Anyway this year I am in Sardinia, there should be no sat internet here but I fired up and wow it locked and was OK speed wise. Switched off and moved 7 miles down the coast, no lock?? Same thing searching using last Azimuth, I tried a number of options but no lock. I then selected switch off and deactivate. Then switched on again and selected location Sardinia again and bang it locks. Tried a couple of times and it seems that unless I select deactivate it will not come back on to the satellite when I try to connect again even in the same spot. Soon as I select deactivate and then restart no problem even here in Sardinia.
Any clues as to this?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back