LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Returned to a site after a day out. Pressed the on button, dish rises starts turning and then loud bang and dishes has gone right over 180 degrees from its parked position.
Unable to do anything from inside so managed to climb up on roof and removed the two retaining bolts holding dish/arm then removed cover. The cover has been broken in a couple of spots and the rubber sealing ring had been chewed up by the gears.
Managed to pull the rubber out of the gears. The motor then slowly moved back round to the parked position.
Refitted the dish but nothing working now. The display shows a y fault error. Unable to turn off either. I have unplugged the control box to turn it off.
So a few things.
Can it be reset by me ?
Where could I source a replacement cover and seal.
Or is there a man who can bearing in mind I am based near Chichester, West Sussex.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Graham

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Ouch, that sounds painful. I would give Vanbitz a call. They will give advice over the phone first, but in all honesty this sounds like it will need ne parts. They are about 2 1/2 hours from you, but have a lovely site to stay in whilst they fix things.

Or Oyster Tech as @Ali n Tim suggested ( whilst I was Typing)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
I had exactly the same happen to me, it buggered up the gearing and blew a couple of fuses 2 days before we disappeared to Europe for 9 months.
My system was over 10 years old so when we returned to the UK I had those lovely people at Vanbitz, (aka James), install a brand new system.
They are probably the closest to you that can help.
Not on commission......Honest!

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
Returned to a site after a day out. Pressed the on button, dish rises starts turning and then loud bang and dishes has gone right over 180 degrees from its parked position.
Unable to do anything from inside so managed to climb up on roof and removed the two retaining bolts holding dish/arm then removed cover. The cover has been broken in a couple of spots and the rubber sealing ring had been chewed up by the gears.
Managed to pull the rubber out of the gears. The motor then slowly moved back round to the parked position.
Refitted the dish but nothing working now. The display shows a y fault error. Unable to turn off either. I have unplugged the control box to turn it off.
So a few things.
Can it be reset by me ?
Where could I source a replacement cover and seal.
Or is there a man who can bearing in mind I am based near Chichester, West Sussex.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Graham

You could try this.

You will first need to access the roof and loosen the two 17mm bolts on either side of the main arm. (These sometimes will have plastic caps on them and can be quite tight so it might be an idea to take a small flat blade screwdriver as well just in case.)
Once the bolts are loose the dish should be loose allowing you to lift and lower by hand. Check that this is the case and when you lift it check for twigs or debris of any kind and remove. Lay the dish flat and return to the control unit leaving the arm bolts loose.
Next you will need to remove or cut the power supply to the unit leaving it for 10 second before powering back up. If I am right then when the unit is powered up it will go through it's setup procedure and then switch off as if in idle mode as normal. If this is the case simply return to the roof and tighten the 17mm bolts back up and the system will now operate as normal once more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back