Oyster digital CL help please - no channels! (1 Viewer)

Tootsvan

Free Member
Aug 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Hi there

We have an Oyster digital CL system we have inherited.
We got the TV working last year by finding somehow the settings to add the Astra 2 satellite and to run a search.
I've tried the same over the last couple of days. The satellite dish rotates and locks on to what seems to be the right position.
Channel search on preset shows 'no signal' on everything from BBC to E4.
When I run a full auto scan on the same satellite I receive only foreign channels...
My problem is :

Dish and LNB must be OK if I can get foreign channels.
None of my options in my TV with TV remote correspond at all to the Oyster menu so I have no idea how to scan for more satellites, manually move the satellite any clicks down or up etc. I am at a total loss!
Please help

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
You’re best off joining and paying the membership as you’ll have loads of questions on this one.
There’s a deal to be had if done before the 3rd.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think you are locking onto the wrong satellite you need to get in touch with Anthony OysterTech for an update😊 he’s a member of Fun and will see this.😊
here is the office tel number : 01858575928 weekdays

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Tootsvan

Free Member
Aug 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Caravan
That's what I'm thinking, and have found in my research, however no matter what I try in my menu options I can't find a way to manually move the satellite. People mention one click down 7 left.... I have no options to move it manually.
I only have the remote with the TV that has options, would having the receiver remote give me the proper menu? I can't see however how that will work with menu options on the TV screen...

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
Have you tried turning all power off to sat for 10 min it worked for my friend at the show if not
antony is very good

OP
OP
T

Tootsvan

Free Member
Aug 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
Caravan
I will try that thanks. Just managed to somehow with pressing many buttons, find a way to run a blind scan. Picked up over 1000 channels, all foreign or something like Disney Australia HD. Nothing like BBC, ch4. Even if I delete all satellites and add Astra 2 again it doesn't make the dish move to find this?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I assume you've searched through this forum for similar issues to see how they were resolved. They usually get 'aired' (sorry for the pun) at least once a month !! And as has been stated, Anthony is very helpful, but he is a busy man and much in demand, I bet he spends a considerable amount of time not getting paid to help people out !!

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Speve thanks as usual for the heads up.
I believe I've spoken to this customer on the phone and, as far as I'm aware, we've sorted the problem.
Always appreciated, the comments on these threads. With how busy we are here at Oyster at the moment it's really nice to see the funster community rallying and tagging the people needed to help with these situations so thank you all!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back