LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
Hi i have a oyster 4 system om my motorhome with a german analouge receiver no remote control cant get one any where would it work with a oyster 1 english controler instead of the german intergrated receiver.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning,

The Oyster 4 Analogue is an obsolete system and unfortunately cannot be updated in order to automatically lock to digital satellite signals.
It can be upgraded to Oyster Digital or Vision III however this is an extremely expensive upgrade at around £1000 that I would recommend you think very hard about as this will only upgrade the electronics of the system. The mechanical unit on the roof will remain the same as well as the cabling and as the system is most probably approaching 20 years of age it might not be the best investment.
Unfortunately, the system cannot be upgraded to utilize the Vision I/II control units because the wiring inside the unit is different making incompatible with those satellite control units.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
We don't have the remotes here I'm afraid as the systems are so old.
It might be possible to get hold of one by contacting info@ten-haaft.de however I can't promise anything.
If it helps in your search, the remote is small and black. It does not say Oyster on it anywhere.

Davylambretta

Free Member
Jun 12, 2017
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Looks like I have the same system can't see the remote, Can the dish be made work with a sky box or something like an Icecrypt even just using it to connect to a TV for FTA channels? Previous owner has had a sky box in it just need the motor to work

Attachments

• 20170612_210451.jpg
    20170612_210451.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20170612_210537.jpg
    20170612_210537.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20170612_214314.jpg
    20170612_214314.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 20

Davylambretta

Free Member
Jun 12, 2017
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Just checking all the manuals someone's ran it with a sky box heres the notes if it helps anyone

Attachments

• 20170612_222000.jpg
    20170612_222000.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 10

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning,

The pictures show that you have an Oyster Digital system which has been used in conjunction with an A/B switch to change the direction of the satellite signal to a secondary receiver.
The system is very old (2001-2004) and although we can update the system software in order to allow it to automatically find Satellites again this is the last software to be released for this system. If it fails again then it can still be used automatically however it would need to be altered by myself and would then be restricted to single satellite use. We also can supply remotes to work with this system. If you would like to get it up and running then we can assist however I would recommend that you book the system in with us as it would be a lot simpler to explain the use in person. If that is not possible then we can supply details of a dealer close to you that would be most likely to be able to help

Davylambretta

Free Member
Jun 12, 2017
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Good morning,

The pictures show that you have an Oyster Digital system which has been used in conjunction with an A/B switch to change the direction of the satellite signal to a secondary receiver.
The system is very old (2001-2004) and although we can update the system software in order to allow it to automatically find Satellites again this is the last software to be released for this system. If it fails again then it can still be used automatically however it would need to be altered by myself and would then be restricted to single satellite use. We also can supply remotes to work with this system. If you would like to get it up and running then we can assist however I would recommend that you book the system in with us as it would be a lot simpler to explain the use in person. If that is not possible then we can supply details of a dealer close to you that would be most likely to be able to help

Hi Anothony, Due to the distance it's not possible I'm a comms engineer so should be able to sort it myself if given some pointers doing the firmware shouldn't be an issue just need the remote guy I bought the van thinks it's there will check again tonight to see if that the case if not how much is the remote and can you manually check the dish without it?

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Davey, I'll be happy to guide you through everything but it's rather long winded so it might be best for you to email me directly at anthony@oystersat-tech.co.uk
That way I can send you a comprehensive guide on what you will need to do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back