LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi Bill. I have been a few times.

Salopian mentioned it yesterday in one of his posts.

Nice pub pretty much opposite the site entrance. Small supermarket just outside the site as well.

Nice site. Very clean shower block but I haven't been there for about 3 years.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
thx chris i saw a report and some reviews on the nearby pub the grapes some have been pretty bad some have been ok so i normally will check it myself if its no good then i have feet made for walking lol (mind you me missus aint) but reports on oxon seem ok will let ya know what its like now when i return

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
oxon

hi there bill ,oxon is local to us so have been many times.its a very nice site.large pitches,nice clean toilets and showers.fish and chips and the end of the site and a bonus is the park and ride into shrewsbury:thumb:enjoy your stay.
regards brian jo and josh

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
thx chris i saw a report and some reviews on the nearby pub the grapes some have been pretty bad some have been ok so i normally will check it myself if its no good then i have feet made for walking lol (mind you me missus aint) but reports on oxon seem ok will let ya know what its like now when i return

Hi Bill. the pub was ok when I was there last. it had been refurbished and we all went for the carvery which was pretty good. As mentioned above it is next to the park and ride so it's easy to get into town.

There is another pub/ restaurant called the Oxon ( I think) which from memory is about 1/2 a mile from the site. Come out of site, turn left and keep going till you get there.

Lots of pubs in Shrewsbury and I frequented most of them when I worked there::bigsmile:

Have fun:thumb:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
ok thx all for ya posts i will try them and hopefully they will be ok if anyone pops in the grapes when we are there we will be the 1's horizontal in the corner will prolly the spilt peanuts all over us lol

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
There is another pub/ restaurant called the Oxon ( I think) which from memory is about 1/2 a mile from the site. Come out of site, turn left and keep going till you get there.

Lots of pubs in Shrewsbury and I frequented most of them when I worked there::bigsmile:

Have fun:thumb:

The Oxon used to be a quality place, unfortunately its not great these days. Its now called "The Hungry Hippo" or something similar. Stay on the bus, go into the town centre and try something a little better....The Golden Cross is good, they also have a large fish restaurant in the centre called "Loch Fyne" I think.

Hope you have a good weekend.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We had a few night's there in May.
Very clean and well laid out site. I'd go along with everything else that has been said.

The park and ride into Shrewsbury is only a very short walk from the site, you will pass it on the way into the site. There is a decent co-op supermarket, a takeaway, pharmacist and a Vet I seem to recall just at the entrance.

There was no site wifi there when we were there and the phone signal was a bit temperamental.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Is Sidoli's still there - and is their product still as superb as it was?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If that's the one by the castle, I think it's gone :Sad:

I thought it was the cafe place down towards the 6th form college. Don't know what the road is called but opposite where that Baptist church used to be.

I have probably got that wrong:Doh:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Site WiFi was being installed the last time we used this site.

As others have said, its well worth a visit, with good local facilities and the park and ride into town

Enjoy:thumb:

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Sidolis are long gone but they still make ice cream out of Oswestryl Welshpool.
Loch Fynne is good but perhaps pricey. Get a discount print out from their web site. There are plenty of pubs depends what you want. Small cafe the other side of the square. Walk from High street and turn left and its on the right but only during the day. Nice scones cream and jam.
Mike::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sidolis are long gone but they still make ice cream out of Oswestryl Welshpool.
Loch Fynne is good but perhaps pricey. Get a discount print out from their web site. There are plenty of pubs depends what you want. Small cafe the other side of the square. Walk from High street and turn left and its on the right but only during the day. Nice scones cream and jam.
Mike::bigsmile:

I think that's called The Gallery isn't it?

Not far from Belmont where I worked.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
what a great site spotless and well managed the shop sells all you need(although a bit pricey)
the park and ride is just 5 mins walk and we took a taxi in the evening to shrewsbury town centre it picks up from the gate and costs just £4 30p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back