michael DILLON

Free Member
Oct 13, 2018
Funster No
MH
CI MOTORHOME CUSONA 594
Exp
NEWBI
My brother in law has just bought a CI Motorhome CUSONA 594, 2005 and has put me on the insurance. He only intends to use it 3 months of he year and I get to use it the rest of the year. Sounds like a good deal to me. Anyway, as neither of us has owned one before, I'd like to get him an owners manual. I have tried searching online and maybe my search parameters are wrong, have tried evilbay and gumtree, but I can't find one. Can anyone please provide a link or suggest a site where I can obtain one. Thanks.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. While you are waiting for a response to the van's overall manual you might like to look up manufacturers' manuals for the contents. The hab area (living bit) will comprise a lot of fixtures and fittings by their various manufacturers so it would be worth looking up, for example, the Thetford cooker you have (by model number), the Dometic fridge etc. And also the base vehicle's handbook. All these would have accompanied the van when new but maybe no longer with it. I have to say that our van's handbook has limited information compared to individual manufacturers' info.

Wyn

Wyn

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Michael, Wyn is right, rare for a handbook to even be worth reading, most all the worthy information is supplied as manufacturers leaflets for all the different components, such as the Fridge Cooker Water heater etc. You may find that we already have a lot of those in our resources section . (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
michael DILLON

michael DILLON

Free Member
Oct 13, 2018
Funster No
MH
CI MOTORHOME CUSONA 594
Exp
NEWBI
Thanks for the replies. He's a bit of a geek when it comes to accuracy, authenticity and likes to have things just so. As the MH did not come with any of the owners manuals/handbooks I just wanted to make it as original as poss. I'll check out all your hints and tips and put together my own portfolio of all things MHish for him. Much thankness to all.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As already said, motorhome converters don't commission new items like fridges, cookers, heaters/boilers etc, they use 'off the shelf' items like every other converter.
All you need to know is make and model number of each appliance and most manuals are readily available on the Internet.
My last motorhome, an American one, had manuals for almost every appliance including a kettle and because the appliances were American the manuals were invaluable, but the converters 'body' manual was abysmal.... Written by a 10 year old child with colored* crayons in AmerEnglish... Total waste of paper.

*American for coloured.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
michael DILLON

michael DILLON

Free Member
Oct 13, 2018
Funster No
MH
CI MOTORHOME CUSONA 594
Exp
NEWBI
Not a total waste of paper, there is always a use, especially when you run out of loo role.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back