Own a Hymer Exsis with the Right front indicator problem! (1 Viewer)

Jun 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis
My Auto electrician has checked all, and it is a wire in the RH indicator/lighting loom which has rotted on the inside of the casing in three places!!!!
This is obviously an ongoing problem on these A class vans, Four other owners at the Hymer owners club meet recently have had the same problem.
The Hymer wiring is extremely thin, more so than the Fiat wiring, Its a shame, this is my sixth Hymer and never a problem with Quality, Warrenty work on them seems a real issue through out the agents and sourcing cheap and inferior parts could be their downfall so take Heed Thule ( New Owners of the brand) don't ruin a quality product.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
Well known problem, if you are handy with a soldering iron it's an easy fix, otherwise £100 for a new loom.

Have a look at this thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
My Auto electrician has checked all, and it is a wire in the RH indicator/lighting loom which has rotted on the inside of the casing in three places!!!!
This is obviously an ongoing problem on these A class vans, Four other owners at the Hymer owners club meet recently have had the same problem.
The Hymer wiring is extremely thin, more so than the Fiat wiring, Its a shame, this is my sixth Hymer and never a problem with Quality, Warrenty work on them seems a real issue through out the agents and sourcing cheap and inferior parts could be their downfall so take Heed Thule ( New Owners of the brand) don't ruin a quality product.
What year is your van?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W
Jun 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis
The Hymer is 2018 with 4000 mls its inferior parts sourced on the cheap, I expect it in the UK but not from the Germans!!!!
In the past they would want the part returned to check the problem so as to resolve on further production, even if out of warranty. I have been refused twice on different issues from Hymer dealers in the South as I did not purchase through them, so beware it applies to many Brands. .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
I have had the same problem with my 2019 Hymer Exsis I. I understand that the same faulty sub standard loom is used on all A class Hymers. Very disappointing. My dealer would not deal with it under warranty.
The good thing was the very quick & accurate response from Funsters, which allowed me to find & fix the problem. I don't think I would have found the fault without this help.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back