Overnight Stopping in Swiss Alps (1 Viewer)

Stevegreen1959

Free Member
Jan 10, 2017
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hello everyone,

Has anyone please got any information regarding stopping overnight in the Alps?
We are travelling through Switzerland in July on route to Italy and would like to take advantage of doing some of the mountain passes. I have already got one campsite booked at Flims for the night before we drop into Italy, but was wondering what the local rules are regarding stopping off road for a night.
The areas we are looking at passing through, tentative at the moment, are Klausen Pass, Furka Pass, Nufenen Pass and St Gotthard pass.
Any information / help / advice from people would be much appreciated.
Thanking you all in advance
Steve & Gilly

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Hi,

I don't know what the official rules are but we have done it in the past.

If you're going through Switzerland from Basel via the A2 there is a great little transit stop at Willisau next to the fire station, ch5 per night in an honesty envelope. Free water but no toilet or grey dump and free electric if its not already taken N47.11917 E7.99793 we use it regularly when heading south to Ancona.

We have also used a car park to overnight at Airolo on the southern entrance to the Gottard tunnel at N46.52453 E8.60445 with another van last year.

I also know of another spot at the top of the Gottard pass near the visitor centre that someone else used at N46.55782 E8.56558 but not used it personally.

This little map of overnighters which includes a few of the passes you mention might be of use...

https://tinyurl.com/yaxhahmj

Pete

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I sailed in Greece so many times Pete @pjay that looking at your Greece Stopover Map brought back many memories. Sad to hear the amount of rubbish encountered at some of your stops.

Most of my sailing was around the Gentle Ionian occasionally in the Agean, but that was more a sailing experience than a holiday.

Thanks......... Griff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back