Overnight stop with grumpkids between Warminster and Exeter (ish) (1 Viewer)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Not having done much in the Uk for a number of years, the daughter has been allowed to borrow our motorhome for a week at a site we used for a number of years just outside Newquay.
She can travel with us on the Wednesday/Thursday/Friday with her 2.5 children aged 6, 4 and -4 months with her hubby going down on the Friday night in their vehicle after work but we have to travel back (motorbike or car on the Friday but collect and return on the saturday after (which i am so looking forward to)
We are looking for a site, dont care how small or large, (but i do care about cost) anywhere around those areas or even as far as Bodmin but in the sticks and not on the coast as dont want to get to Cornwall too early, in fact i dont want to be there !
Ideally near or within walking distance of a playground or something interesting, would consider a britstop

Anybody with any knowledge of nice peaceful spot for the night ?

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
Not having done much in the Uk for a number of years, the daughter has been allowed to borrow our motorhome for a week at a site we used for a number of years just outside Newquay.
She can travel with us on the Wednesday/Thursday/Friday with her 2.5 children aged 6, 4 and -4 months with her hubby going down on the Friday night in their vehicle after work but we have to travel back (motorbike or car on the Friday but collect and return on the saturday after (which i am so looking forward to)
We are looking for a site, dont care how small or large, (but i do care about cost) anywhere around those areas or even as far as Bodmin but in the sticks and not on the coast as dont want to get to Cornwall too early, in fact i dont want to be there !
Ideally near or within walking distance of a playground or something interesting, would consider a britstop

Anybody with any knowledge of nice peaceful spot for the night ?
Daughter With young twins loves Parker’s Farm ashburton - close to the main road but a tractor to play on and alpacas only the field. Little ones loved the ‘farm walk’ where they accompany the farmer and sheep on a lead and each get a fresh egg.. . Not sure if that bit will be on the menu this year | it is pleasant, if a bit steep - no idea of cost off hand

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Daughter With young twins loves Parker’s Farm ashburton - close to the main road but a tractor to play on and alpacas only the field. Little ones loved the ‘farm walk’ where they accompany the farmer and sheep on a lead and each get a fresh egg.. . Not sure if that bit will be on the menu this year | it is pleasant, if a bit steep - no idea of cost off hand
£26 a night for 3 adults no electric !!!!
It is in the running as a treat for the kids but I am not used to those prices

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Welcome back to ripoff England.
What joy to stop off for a night and pay an arm and leg for it.
Rant over

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Welcome back to ripoff England.
What joy to stop off for a night and pay an arm and leg for it.
Rant over
I hear you brother !

Apart from the campsites we decided to stay on for the first 10 days whilst we tested the temperature of the water, we spent 34 euros on aires, 32 of them on the moselle and 2 on port by the canal. The other 7 days were free.

So roughly one night in UK or 13 days in Europe for a similar price. But it is what it is and i may be told by the powers that be that we are going there as a treat for the kids.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
£26 a night for 3 adults no electric !!!!
It is in the running as a treat for the kids but I am not used to those prices
oh crumbs! that is quite a lot - especially if the play and food facilities are closed 😳
for me it’s about seeing the grandchildren and spending ‘holiday’ time with them... and dog sitting so they can visit the zoo and such. And it’s beyond Exeter -

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
oh crumbs! that is quite a lot - especially if the play and food facilities are closed 😳
for me it’s about seeing the grandchildren and spending ‘holiday’ time with them... and dog sitting so they can visit the zoo and such. And it’s beyond Exeter -
My wife says the same,,,,,,I m of a different attitude !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back