Overnight parking help please - Chesterfield area (1 Viewer)

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
Please can anyone recommend overnight parking in or near Chesterfield? No services or amenities needed except for parking. This is for us to view an (unoccupied) house, it is within the Covid rules and we will be fully self-sufficient. Thank you for your help.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
You could try “The Stockyard” just off the M18 at Hellaby, only a 20 min drive into chesterfield from there. It is a truck stop, but not as you know it. Current COVID rules might change a few things but before COVID it’s a great place to stay, showers, restaurant/pub serving good hearty home made food. I’d contact them first though👍

OP
OP
PrettyandFluffy

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
You could try “The Stockyard” just off the M18 at Hellaby, only a 20 min drive into chesterfield from there. It is a truck stop, but not as you know it. Current COVID rules might change a few things but before COVID it’s a great place to stay, showers, restaurant/pub serving good hearty home made food. I’d contact them first though👍
Thank you,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I expect a few Chesterfield locals would come up with better places👍 I don’t know if it matters at all but I think Chesterfield (Derbyshire) is tier4 (I could be wrong) and you probably be better aiming for a tier 3 area which the stockyard is in👍 Good look with the viewing👍

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
'Unoccupied'?
Park in the house driveway.
Maybe ask the estate agent first.
Good idea, though might get the neighbours twitching their curtains a bit🤔

OP
OP
PrettyandFluffy

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
'Unoccupied'?
Park in the house driveway.
Maybe ask the estate agent first.
We did this last time but only when invited to by the vendor (who also offered us use of the bathroom etc! Lovely people!). However I'd prefer to have a "backup" plan. I know there are plenty of car parks in the Peak District for ramblers etc, but they might be tricky to get to if there's snow.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If it's just one viewing drive up for the day. We moved from Leicester to Whitby 18 months ago it was a 3+ hour drive each way but often went for the day to look at one property. Different if you had two on sequential days.

OP
OP
PrettyandFluffy

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
If it's just one viewing drive up for the day. We moved from Leicester to Whitby 18 months ago it was a 3+ hour drive each way but often went for the day to look at one property. Different if you had two on sequential days.
We have 7 to look at over 2 days. All empty, we have sold so we want to find somewhere ASAP. How're you finding Whitby in the winter? I lived there when I was a teenager, coldest place ever!

OP
OP
PrettyandFluffy

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
That's really kind of you, thank you. Should warn you before accepting that we have 2 dogs, if you have a dog too there could well be a barking competition which would be unbearable!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
That's really kind of you, thank you. Should warn you before accepting that we have 2 dogs, if you have a dog too there could well be a barking competition which would be unbearable!

sadly no dog now, but we do have a cat that thinks he’s a dog and will keep them in order 😁

lane opposite for dog walking 👍

OP
OP
PrettyandFluffy

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
How big is your motorhome?

if you are looking on the M1 side of Chesterfield we are in Bolsover and have a large drive you could use 👍
I will check with my OH, I think it's 7m long so not huge. The dogs are used to cats being in charge, they are firmly under the (feline) paw at home.

OP
OP
PrettyandFluffy

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
Just got in from getting the motorhome ready for next week, it’s 6m long. If there is a chance of parking up Monday and Tuesday night next week that would be really great.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back