Overnight parking at Cite Europe, Coquelles? (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2017
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2013
I noticed a few posts that mentioned they parked overnight at Cite Europe. Is it safe and where is the motorhome parking area?

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Yes it's safe, it's just a parking area for motorhome she, it has a sign, it's next to the police station and straight opposite the cite Europe shopping centre, stayed a few times

cbrown1360

Free Member
Aug 24, 2015
Lymington
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
Used it last July. Easy to find with coordinates as above and feels very safe (well lit so hope you have good blinds!). About 10 motorhomes parked up when we were there - lots of space.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
You occasionally get the odd immigrant trying to tie himself to your axle according to some but I've never seen said occurrence have stayed there several times without problems. If your not doing a big shop there are many places to stay within an hour of Calais most of which are on this forum.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Stayed there loads of times, just over a week ago was the last time, and never had or seen any problems.
Parking area is opposite the large Carrefour supermarket so handy for stocking up.
Look out for the large yellow markers for the entrance.

Click on the links below to show the way from the tunnel and from the motorway plus another of my vids to show the way from the aire to the Carrefour fuel station and motorhome dump.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

louise barnett

Free Member
Aug 22, 2014
Neath west glamorgan south wales
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail cheyenne 840
Exp
I stayed on the front of calais last August on way back from spain stayed the night boaded the ferry in morning drove on the motorway back to south Wales got near the first service my 13 year old daughter said theres someone knocking I replied don't think so has we are doing 60 down the motorway phoned police told them someone was under ower van basically they told us to pull in next service and let him out he had crawled over hower twin wheel police didnt bother to turn up very frightening experience

OP
OP
AlastairH
Apr 10, 2017
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks to all, particularly Richard for the video! I was aware of that car park but did not realise it was an 'Aire'.

Thanks again.

Alastair

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks to all, particularly Richard for the video! I was aware of that car park but did not realise it was an 'Aire'.

Thanks again.

Alastair
Well, it's not exactly an aire, it is just a car park.
However it is signed as parking for motorhomes although there are no services of any sort. There are usually a dozen of so MoHo's parked up for the night.
Services are at the fuel station the other side of the complex.

Richard.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
I stayed on the front of calais last August on way back from spain stayed the night boaded the ferry in morning drove on the motorway back to south Wales got near the first service my 13 year old daughter said theres someone knocking I replied don't think so has we are doing 60 down the motorway phoned police told them someone was under ower van basically they told us to pull in next service and let him out he had crawled over hower twin wheel police didnt bother to turn up very frightening experience

Yes I'm sure he was very frighted.

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
I'm intending to use Cite Europe for my first night in France after I leave the ferry terminal. It's all a steep learning curve for a motorhome first timer!

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Here you are

ca.jpg

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Obviously does not have the advantages of a view but if you want to load up with French food (coming or going), a selection of generic restaurants, cheap fuel (coming and going) then it is great. Stayed there about a dozen times over the past few years and the only issue was someone once had a generator on until 10 - so nothing of note. The last time I was there I noticed the Police driving around at 0800hr. When returning I always feel a sense of relief in that driving wise I am back in the Uk as the journey to the Tunnel in the morning is one junction on the motorway.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
When returning I always feel a sense of relief in that driving wise I am back in the Uk as the journey to the Tunnel in the morning is one junction on the motorway.
Not a fan of driving in France? Or do I misunderstand your meaning?

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
It's just a sense of being home while still in France. I've stayed in Calais at the port and it is footery in the morning driving on the wrong side of the road while trying to wake up. My other stopover is the Baie de Somme near Abbeville and while an hour's drive is nothing compared to a run up from Spain you have to get into "drive" mode for that time. Perhaps just me but driving a couple of miles on a motorway is nothing :). I now drive more miles in France than the UK so I guess I am not averse to driving there. :)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I'm intending to use Cite Europe for my first night in France after I leave the ferry terminal. It's all a steep learning curve for a motorhome first timer!

Hi, you're driving from Lancashire to the Tunnel which can be enough stress dependant on traffic conditions, the benefit of using Cite Europe is you gain the hour the following day as you've already put your clock on so the hour you loose getting to France is not lost if the following day you are doing a few Km.

You come out of the Tunnel straight onto a road system and it's the first right to Cite Europe in which you'll pick up the "Camping Car" signs, it's quite well lit and there generally always at least a dozen MH's so as a first night in France for you it's perfect.

As you say it us a learning curve and what is an everyday occurrence to many can seem quite intimidating to someone not familiar with the routine of it.

I'm sure after you're first night you'll be settled,enjoy your time in France as a Country that provides for Motorhomes it's unbeaten in my opinion.

Brian

Sep 3, 2018
Billericay
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L
Exp
since 2015
Hi Everyone
Looking at 'All the aires' book there is an aire outside the Auchan opposite Cite Europe . It says parking possible. Has anyone stayed there overnight or would it be best go to the Cite Europe one?

Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2009
The aire at auchan is a service point to dump waste, not sure about cassette, but think there is a facility. It is at the auchan fuel station accessed from the roundabout at the auchan car park. Have seen people overnighting in the auchan car park, but I would prefer cire europe

Jan 4, 2017
beds
Funster No
MH
burstner
Exp
I quite like the new camp site/aire in the middle of Calais.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back