norfolkenchants

Free Member
Oct 7, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
We are newbies and just on our second trip in our Vantage motorhome - panel van conversion. We have noticed that when we are parked on the slightest forward incline the grey water tank overflows after about 25 litres is put in it. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I think your neo has an 70litre waste tank which should be fully insulated. Can you look under the van and see where the "leak" is coming from?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

norfolkenchants

Free Member
Oct 7, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
It's just the sink from the galley

I think your neo has an 70litre waste tank which should be fully insulated. Can you look under the van and see where the "leak" is coming from?

Having just crawled underneath I can see it is coming from the near side of the tank towards the rear. It may just be the galley sink that it causing the problem. Maybe a loose connection. Thanks for the input. Back to Vantage it goes!

OP
OP
N

norfolkenchants

Free Member
Oct 7, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Found the problem

Had a motorhome engineer look at it today who discovered that the waste pipe from the galley sink was split! Who would have thought it in a brand new vehicle.!

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Am not surprised :winky: we have a Autocruise Rythm and after a week the on board water pump packed up, after a month the engine battery was knackered, and yes a brand new van too :Sad:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My grey water tank never gets full.

Last year I was crawling about under the van and I found this lever that drains the tank.

I just leave it open now as it's a lot easier than having to empty it all the time.:thumb:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago

Last year I was crawling about under the van and I found this lever that drains the tank.

I just leave it open now as it's a lot easier than having to empty it all the time.:thumb:

:reel: :thumb:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
fishing

:reel: :thumb:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We are newbies and just on our second trip in our Vantage motorhome - panel van conversion. We have noticed that when we are parked on the slightest forward incline the grey water tank overflows after about 25 litres is put in it. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

At least yours has a warranty. Mine had your problem, but did Winnebago want to know after 36 years?

I had a split tank connector and the 3 inch outlet was hanging off having been badly repaired with epoxy (epoxy doesn't stick to HDPE). Well at least I now know how to do plastic welding (very badly).

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010

Yes I found that as well :thumb: I also found that if you take out the toilet cassette & fit a 100mm pipe to bottom of bowl that leads straight under the van, you never have to empty that either, seems obvious really :Doh:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yes I found that as well :thumb: I also found that if you take out the toilet cassette & fit a 100mm pipe to bottom of bowl that leads straight under the van, you never have to empty that either, seems obvious really :Doh:

Thanks for that useful tip.

It saves having to get up in the middle of the night and tipping it into the hedgerow.

I got confronted by a guy in a motorhome when I was doing that on Sunday. Right upset he was and said he was reporting me to the police for polluting the environment.

I had to step around the dog poo as I ran back to the van.:thumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Hedgerow ? I just sloosh my guzunder straight out the door.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Am not surprised :winky: we have a Autocruise Rythm and after a week the on board water pump packed up, after a month the engine battery was knackered, and yes a brand new van too :Sad:

Swifts don't you just love em :winky: Rumor has it they are giving a free tool kit with every van :Smile:
terry

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Swifts don't you just love em :winky: Rumor has it they are giving a free tool kit with every van :Smile:
terry

If you get enough monkeys together, give them enough time and provide them with what is needed to build a motorhome, you will end up with a "Swift" ...................eventually.

:Cool:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Don't let this small mishap with your new van spoil it for you. Vantage vans are lovely. We came very close to buying one last year. Enjoy your new toy!:thumb:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Don't let this small mishap with your new van spoil it for you. Vantage vans are lovely. We came very close to buying one last year. Enjoy your new toy!:thumb:

Lucky escape then. :ROFLMAO:
Could have been worse. You could have nearly bought an AutoTrail. :Doh:

Linsvanner

Free Member
Oct 17, 2022
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 669
To all of those who let their waste go on the ground.
Do you not wonder why motorhome are being excluded from parking areas hmmmm

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Bit of a negative first post and the tread is 8 years ago.

Why not pay to join and then you can use the entire site, including the search facility which has 100’s of threads on grey waste and how we discharge it.

Welcome to Fun 🤩

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think you missed the :reel: and (y) some people just can't resist a windup, oh and welcome to Fun,

And yes I know it's a thread from 2014.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Found the problem

Who would have thought it in a brand new vehicle.!

I had 20 or so problems that needed fixing in my brand new vehicle and some took 15 months. (Actually one is still not fixed after 18 months)

And it is supposed to be a reputable German make.

Damn! Old thread not spotted. Anyway, still an appropriate and current comment.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That's what they used to do on trains, still do in India & Thailand.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back