Overflowing fresh water tank (2 Viewers)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
All the ordered items arrived today, including the grease gun that I was told was needed to dispense the silicon grease. Dried the threaded 120mm diameter coarse threaded Red Access 'Bung', daubed grease around the the thread on the Bung and on the Tank to give two sealing faces, and added grease to both faces of the rubber/sponge material seal, which I had dried off overnight.

Added almost 20 litres of water to the Tank, so the viewed level if the tank is roughly level with the Bung tightening cross handle, and the seal appears to be waterproof! No need to try either the O or V Rings, but I'll keep them as backups because I suspect the original Burstner Seal is probably on its Farewell Tour. I'll be checking the Tank over the weekend to confirm that the seal remains watertight, having first donned belt, braces and sock suspenders in keeping with my cautious character ... (y) (y):LOL:

Steve

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Should have added to Post #91. The Grease Gun that said would be needed was not necessary. In fact, the silicone grease cartridge actually says it can be applied by brush, but I used my hands to daub the grease onto every surface on the seal and Bung, including the coarse threads, so the daub approach is much easier, if a little greasier/messier!

Checked the Tank after about 5.5 hours with the water at the 1/2 way mark and it's still dry, so fingers crossed!

Steve

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I only use Amazon as the very last resort; I prefer to buy from businesses that don't shuffle turnover round the globe, charge themselves silly management fees & intellectual property rights fees etc, before dumping the suppressed profits into low tax regimes.

Steve
Rather than penalise a commercial company that operates within the law, shouldn’t you be directing your ire at the government which permits such poorly drafted legislation that allows this level of tax minimization

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Rather than penalise a commercial company that operates within the law, shouldn’t you be directing your ire at the government which permits such poorly drafted legislation that allows this level of tax minimization
I never mentioned ire. I explained why I won't use Amazon. My choice. Yours may differ.

Steve

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Hi Steve

Did you order the Nitrile or the Victon V-ring seals?

Thanks

Chris
Hi Chris,

Took me ages to find the invoice! I ordered the Nitrile version of both the O & V Rings, and they are still tucked inside the water tank 'hatch' unopened, and likely to remain so until I can get the Airbag ECU repaired or replaced ...

Back with the plot; the Supplier is Simply Bearings [simplybearings.co.uk], tel: 01942 269837, and I dealt with Billie Robinson, the Sales Manager, who was really helpful

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back