Free Member
Nov 17, 2020
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Hi Folks

we have a 2017 Bailey 75-2 and have done about 25,000 miles in it. Generally very happy with the van but today we were travelling at 60 mph in a fairly strong side wind and as a lorry coming the past us the airflow was significant. In fact it was so strong it blew open the overcab window snapping one of the latches and damaging 2 of the others. Anyone else had this??

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
There are threads about this on Bailey vans.

Search. I know Kev and Ju had it.

Something about the catches being the wrong way round. Your dealer needs to sort it. IIRC.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Interesting! I have a 2017 Bailey Autograph 79 - 4T (bought from Dinmore Leisure) and on a recent trip to Bridport the front ( over the driver) skylight blew open at about 60 mph. As far as I was aware I'd close all the fastenings correctly and was bemused as to how this could have happened. I didn't stop immediately as we were due to get off the M5 and there was no danger of it flying open and causing damage as the wind was obviously pushing it shut. However I closed it and haven't had a problem since. I'll get Dinmore to check my seals to see if they too have been fitted incorrectly.

Regarding issues with that window, I spotted that the fastening clips had been fitted 180 degrees the wrong way round putting massive strain when pulled shut on the clip and bracket which may have been the reason yours failed. I'm wondering if its all connected. Photos are on this thread. See post #23 & #27.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Midds674

Free Member
Nov 17, 2020
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Thx guys....looks like my latches are upside down but the window closes perfectly when clicked under the latch.....lots to do to fix it now as one latch to replace and the others to reseat and I guess I need to check the hinge! Doh!

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
I have had two seals and refitted hinges got fed up with it,so now bolted down permanently .Bailey never seem to learn from their mistakes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back