Over to Orkney for a few days but ....... (1 Viewer)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
...... all sorted on the islands hopefully but I thought we’d stay on a site near Thurso before crossing so booked on the way up at the Thurso Bay Campsite ....... it’s got facilities and an on-site cafe so what’s not to like (y)

Arrived ...... reception was closed. There’s about 20 motorhomes here, some will be on the NC500, others going too and from Orkney ...... I digress!

Reception opened up so I goes in to get checked in. Nice looking cafe, ice cream parlour, does breakfasts :)

What time does it open says I ?
Thursday she says .....:doh:

Really!!! Are they serious......apparently it’s not yet “summer” despite the fact the place is rammed. Geezy peeps, I give up. :swear2:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Lived up there for 14 years and took a group of 17 motor homes around Scotland for a month staying a night on this site . Never again second trip with a group did not stop there . Father of the owner ( American , there was a base there so guess he stayed on ) was totally obnoxious . So beware if you say snythkng he doesn’t like ! Daughter and son in law were very pleasant however .

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Hmmm that’s useful info @spitfire. You’d have thought they’d be making a £ or two given there’s so many folk about ...... but no. Rules is rules :confused:
As there’s nowt open here I don’t think we’ll run into father of the owner but forewarned and all that (y)
Hoping to catch a bit of the Orkney folk festival on the other side :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back