Over night parking in Liverpool (1 Viewer)

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
We would like to visit Liverpool sometime, I've seen somewhere that you can park up over night in Kings Dock car & coach park. Has anyone stopped over night there? Thanks

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
That's as funny as the one last week on overnight parking in Manchester. :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Although i love Liverpool and "Scousers" and lots of good things have been done in the 'Pool. In the early 70's we would run out of l/pool and park up in Warrington for the night,running back in next morning to tip/reload and away again.
If it was me,i would find a nice little site a bit away and use that, i do NOT wish to upset any of the natives,it was, in the 60/70's ,a case of self preservation LOL.Best of luck.
Tea Bag

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi you can park down at the docks, can't remember what they're called, the have a hotel at the car park and a McDonalds across from the entrance. A couple of years ago I was running the half marathon and stayed here overnight, once I had drove in a security guard turned up with in 5 mins to say I was welcome to stay as long as I paid think it was about £8 for 24 hours. He told me I'd be safe as they would watch me on the CCTV as the site is monitored 24/7.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
it is better now than it has been. but as a trucker I would take my truck back to warrington. for the night.

OP
OP
plumbomb

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
Perhaps not one of my better ideas then, but aren't you stereotyping Scousers it like say all Scottish and Yorkshire men are tightfisted . Mind now that is true:eek:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
not really its that I have had to truck broken into there more than once. and that makes me park somewhere else.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dont have a clue about all this anti Scouse talk. My motorhome is parked there for around 5 months of the year with no problems. No one has managed to get past the electric fence and razor wire yet.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
good luck to you. can we park on your drive. pretty please.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Snowbird./cruiser
The rabbit that lives closest to the fox' den is has the best chance of not getting eaten,the thought being,the fox know's it is there when times get hard so spares it.... LOL. A mate of mine livid in a.... "Unusual ?" part of Southampton he was safe,but said whenever he had a new to himself car,he had to drive it around the estate slowly waving and chatting with the ,"Motley Crew ". LOL. Then they knew it was one of theirs.
What can you say,when empty, backing up on your sheets with the drive axle in Bootle and an old hand says," You are inviting trouble,they may NOT ? pinch them,but seeing that they may just slash them out of spite.
PS. You don't know a "Tammy Sloane" do you,drank in the Eagle and Child,won a boxing cup and daren't tell his wife....... TRUE.... Oh Thrice LOL You could not make it up

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Take your own pile of bricks and put them in each corner, to save them about 20 seconds, to lessen the disturbance to you whilst you sleep.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
When I worked for a large company the Liverpool branch manager had the oldest car at 10 years old this was after he had a a newish car which firstly had a set of alloys nicked, when these were replaced with steel wheels they came back and nicked the car !!! we recompenced him for having the oldest car on the company. should say that was over 10 years ago though, may have changed

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Great City Liverpool lots to see and do, don't be put off by jokes/negative comments, As for parking why not not think about wilding at Harrison drive New Brighton on the Wirral, quite a lot do it and at the other end there's a bus service every 10 minutes into the centre of Liverpool. Any more info just ask

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Do not listen to these comments about Liverpool and steeling wheels. It is a complete myth especially at this time of year. All the crews who normally wander around Liverpool nicking wheels are currently working with formula 1 pit crews 2.4 seconds for all four.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
You have a choice to make; you can conclude that lots of people are just taking a poke at scousers or you can ponder if there might be something it it.

For my part, I used to deal with a number of pie delivery men who worked all over the North West. They were quite relaxed when delivering to chip shops in all areas except Liverpool. They could never leave the back doors open and assume all would be well. Not only would a tray of pies be stolen the ones that remained were likely to be contaminated. I leave it to your imagination how they did that.

I have visited many businesses and the receptionist often makes a point of asking where you have parked and will frequently offer you a better more secure spot.

All of us old football fans have memories of eight year old kiddies looking after our cars for a fiver. It might have happened in a few other cities but never more than Liverpool.

After all the comments above I doubt if you will be able to relax if you do decide to park up near the docks.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
.. or pop down the East Lancs Road to St Helens and turn left along the Rainford bypass. There are a few big laybys along there that the truckers and mhs use often.... very safe and far enough away from the road not be kept awake all night by traffic.... The following morning it will take about fifteen minutes to drive back up the East Lancs (580) into Liverpool. :) Brilliant people and salt of the earth .... there are always scumbags in every city. If you are vegetarian why not try the Bohemian cafe, The Egg, at the back of the old Lewis Store .. even if not veggie ... for a bit of atmosphere and good food. :)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
You have a choice to make; you can conclude that lots of people are just taking a poke at scousers or you can ponder if there might be something it it.

For my part, I used to deal with a number of pie delivery men who worked all over the North West. They were quite relaxed when delivering to chip shops in all areas except Liverpool. They could never leave the back doors open and assume all would be well. Not only would a tray of pies be stolen the ones that remained were likely to be contaminated. I leave it to your imagination how they did that.

I have visited many businesses and the receptionist often makes a point of asking where you have parked and will frequently offer you a better more secure spot.

All of us old football fans have memories of eight year old kiddies looking after our cars for a fiver. It might have happened in a few other cities but never more than Liverpool.

After all the comments above I doubt if you will be able to relax if you do decide to park up near the docks.

What a incredibly insulting post to the people of Liverpool
Pathetic

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-hol...ail/?Id=27412&town=-1&county=27406&facilities=

If you are in the CC you could try the above CL at Lyons Farm, Melling. It's a few mile out but if I remember correctly the 345 bus passes it or you could go and park at Maghull Train Station (there's no height barrier) if you can find a space - it was always busy.

I grew up in Liverpool and I wouldn't park my MH there, my son lives near the Pier Head and he has a contract for secure parking. I would stay somewhere outside and get transport in.

But please remember that some of the warmest, friendliest and most generous people live in or hail from Liverpool. It's a great city to visit. (y)

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Busman, you are right, it is insulting to some of the people of Liverpool but not to all. It is not right to tar all people in Liverpool with the same brush but I suspect many others who have actual experience of scousers will agree with me.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
What a incredibly insulting post to the people of Liverpool
Pathetic
I think you will find that the replies, inc mine, were said in Jest. All East Anglians are slow, all Yorkshiremen are know alls, all Scotsman are tight, come on lighten up a bit.
Phil

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
cross the river via the Wallasey tunnel,£1.70 toll and go to New Brighton and park up on Kings Parade.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Believe me Phil I'm chilled, just thought bernardfeay's post was what I posted and glad I don't have a blanket opinion of people from other area's.
Dave

OP
OP
plumbomb

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp