Over 80's Insurance (2 Viewers)

Aug 10, 2012
Worthing.West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Empty Nest
Exp
Since 1972
Last week I sold our motorcaravan to a dealer.
I cancelled the insurance cover but asked the insurance company, Caravan Guard, if, supposing I bought another motorcaravan whether they would insure me as I am now 80.
As far as I understood it they said that I could have cover at 80 but any extension at 81 would be subject to a claims review.
If I tried to take out new insurance at 81 they would not cover me at all.
Now there must be plenty of over 80 motorcaravanners out there- can members at who they use for their insurance cover and are there any restrictions.
Thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
funnily enough i was speaking to my sister, who works for lv insurance the other day and age was discussed. apparently lv insure drivers up to 100. the oldest currently insured is 99. other companies cut off at 80 or there abouts

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had that problem some years ago with my mums car insurance. When she reached 80 the priemium doubled I phoned brokers and loads of companies they all said the would not take on new business for over 80 year olds. Lucky that there are a few Motorhome insurers that will NFU already been mentioned and I think Comfort will.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My Dad has been quoted over £500 for car insurance (he is 86) and thinks that is expensive as he "only does 2000 miles or so a year". We hope he stops driving.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back