LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just noticed well over a 1,000 people on line at the moment, wonder what they are looking at/for be amazing if some posted and let us know.(y)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Just noticed well over a 1,000 people on line at the moment, wonder what they are looking at/for be amazing if some posted and let us know.(y)
I'm looking at your post Carol about wondering what people are looking at:LOL::LOL:
Brian & Jo

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Just reading this thread and waiting for GP (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
the first link shows what people are viewing.. not just posting

Just had a look, shows the diversity, what amazes me there are paid up Funsters since 2011 following the forum but never made a post, come and say hello don't be shy :)

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
Yes, I'm being nosey here too :D

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Maybe they're all looking at you Carol.

Can I just say a big 'Hi' to any members of the Robot community out there? Feel free to join in at any time - some funsters are artifical life forms just like you. I mean let's face it, with opinions like that they couldn't be real could theykrrrrrrzt.... krrrrrzzzt [ERROR MODE] [CORRECTION SEQUENCE INITIATED]...

Deleted User
Well didn't know could do that, the spy thingy made my eyes go.

Lin :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The vast majority of the 1000 will be logged in but not viewing.
I NEVER log out....unless i clear out computer clutter and delete cookies then it logs me out.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I NEVER log out....unless i clear out computer clutter and delete cookies then it logs me out.

as I recall, Jim said that after 30mins inactivity you are automatically logged out..
it won't show on your browser.. and you don't need to log back in again..

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

I'm not 100% sure but I think after 20 minutes the system logs you off automatically the logs you back in when you click back on, 1,000 quite impressive I think.

Oops @ScotJimland typing quicker than me. :)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just had a look and there are 1109 online....but only 352 members....the rest are guests and bots.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Silly question....but what's a robot?????
Computer generated entity.
You may have noticed when filling in some online forms there is a handwritten string of numbers or letters to enter in a box before sending or logging in.

That is to stop bots...they cant read this kind of script so cant replicate the letters or numbers so it verifies its a human logging in.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Silly question....but what's a robot?????
I could name a few members...

But they are automated things which search and catalogue what they find. Search engines like Google use them, it is how they find out what is out there on the web.

For example if you Google this phrase "when does one become a proficient motorhomer" the top link should take you to this forum. No one actually entered that into Google, it was harvested automatically. The more unique the phrase the easier it is to find.

The really sad look for Googlewhacks which are cases when you enter two words and you get only a single return from Google. :)

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
The government knows everything about you already!:cautious:
Heard a really scary bit on radio 4 in the week about Chinese gov plans to harvest all online info on every citizen & allocate a social credit score:eek:.....and the chinese that were being interviewed thought it was a good idea:eek::eek:.....I was driving with my gob truly smacked, thinking I could just see that happening here......

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I love the technical threads and multitask whilst watching the TV which is, after all, pretty poor nowadays! I am watching the Antiques Roadshow and then it will be Downton but this is one good night of 7 in a week!

I love Techno100's improvement threads, Terry's build threads, fun blogs while travelling, technical threads, importing from abroad and most stuff on here to be honest!

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Heard a really scary bit on radio 4 in the week about Chinese gov plans to harvest all online info on every citizen & allocate a social credit score:eek:.....and the chinese that were being interviewed thought it was a good idea:eek::eek:.....I was driving with my gob truly smacked, thinking I could just see that happening here......
BT routers are supplied by Chinese company Huawei which the US refuse to have on their comms infrastructure. For the record I love the Chinese.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back