Outdoor Revolution Movelite S - what a faff! - will be free in Classified ASAP (2 Viewers)

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Suffering from touring withdrawal, decided to watch motorhomers' vlogs on YouTube. Found Bob Earnshaw and, as we are going to Broadway CMC site in August, we thought we would watch his vlog about the site. I like his mix of casual and technical, with the odd dog thrown in! After arriving on site, he QuickTime-d putting up their inflatable drive-away awning, at which point I remembered that, when we bought our first camper van in 2011, we also bought an Outdoor Revolution Movelite S (as you do!) but have never used it and it has been sitting in the loft since then!

The reason we ended up with our 8m Auto-trail Delaware is that we don't like to stay in one place very long, and tend not to have any outdoor structures, so it proved superfluous to our needs.

As my hip operation was five weeks ago, I felt ready to try it out. What a faff! I thought Bob's rapid use of an upright cycle pump looked like hard work, but it had nothing on this. After 20 minutes we admitted defeat. I'm sure it would be easier on-site, but in our tiny rear garden it was impossible to swing the extended joined-together carbon poles into position to thread into the awning.

The awning is pristine, never been used, has all its parts and I am happy for it to go to a good home. But buyer beware - you will have to be "tent minded" and patient! I will mention in the Classified that in the next couple of weeks I am travelling to Johns Cross at Robertsbridge (near Battle and Hastings) and then to Nottingham in early August, then to Broadway and after to South Wales (the Gower) so could deliver/meet anyone who is interested. We live near Stansted Airport, if anyone in the area would be interested.

When I was young our parents would take our family of 8 to Red Wharf Bay in Anglesey, or to visit relatives in South Wales, for the whole of the summer holiday and we would all sleep in a large 3-bedroomed tent, state of the art at the time. Trying to erect this 2.4m x 2.4m structure took me back to my youth, and I am now desperately awaiting the therapy that our motorhome holiday in August will give us!

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I thought it might be useful for someone with a smallish van to give them a little more space at no cost.
I’m surprised it hasn’t been snapped up already, I’m sure there will be plenty of people with a small van on a budget who will absolutely love it to bits and it will help them out no end.

Great gesture and generosity 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

OP
OP
Conal
Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Janine I was struggling in a smallish space. I am sure it would have been easier with more room. After 20 minutes we just realised that we would probably never use it as we have a nice large lounge in the motorhome.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back