Outdoor bits (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not often you see me praising someone, but this firm in Devon really are something else, don't know them perhaps some of you do but I ordered the acsi card off them about three o'clock yesterday and it was through the letter box before 10 this morning, you couldn't fetch it in the time, brilliant. Don't know if they are as good with everything but that sure was service(y)(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There are numbers of references to that shop on this site. Every time I see one I have the overwhelming urge to delete it. But that would bring me down to his level. :RollEyes: He is the ex owner of facts who still points fun.com to facts.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I don't think they stock anything ? How many look at the postmark on the package? Personally I never found a price there that I could not better by far more than the forum discount they offered.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry about that guys:( Only saying what I found, if it did come from somewhere else that makes it even faster, says exmouth on the ticket, and you can't blame me for his excellent service, just found it on eBay didn't go to his website, the only one on there

Reactions: Jim

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
There are numbers of references to that shop on this site. Every time I see one I have the overwhelming urge to delete it. But that would bring me down to his level. :RollEyes: He is the ex owner of facts who still points fun.com to facts.

with a 12 gauge no doubt ..

but you can't afford any more computer screens Jim.. ;)..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Jim feel free to delete it if you like, having never been to facts, I just didn't know the guy existed just dealt with eBay and he was the only one that had got the acsi card, they havnt even got any on their own site, amazon and vicarious the same.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Perhaps now he's sold Facts, there is room for a better relationship. How about asking for discount for Funsters on Outdoor Bits stuff? :eek:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I have bought from him in the past and always received prompt and efficient service. However, the prices are certainly not the cheapest in the UK - even when I was a member of 'Facts' and got the members' discount.
My only real gripe now is that he took over the sole distributor rights in the UK for SOG. I find it cheaper to buy replacement carbon filters when touring abroad.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sorry about that guys:( Only saying what I found, if it did come from somewhere else that makes it even faster, says exmouth on the ticket, and you can't blame me for his excellent service, just found it on eBay didn't go to his website, the only one on there
I thought I was a wind up but you leave me in your wake.:eek:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I thought I was a wind up but you leave me in your wake.:eek:
I knew I was wrong to praise anyone, not in my nature:doh:, didn't know anything about this firm , just found it on eBay, ordered at three and delivered before ten next morning , thought it was worth mentioning , that's all, go back to my old criticising ways I think , it's safer

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Was it delivered by royal snail?

If so I'd be more impressed with their performance than the seller cause it sure isn't like them.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Was it delivered by royal snail?

If so I'd be more impressed with their performance than the seller cause it sure isn't like them.
Yes it was, post lady brought it with the bills, that's what makes it all the more remarkable, we are right out in the country here, and it must of gone through numerous sorting places and that, I know for a fact that it has to come through Wolverhampton , stoke, cheadle, before it gets here where before then I have no idea, it did say on the site that it was at least two day delivery

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
17 hours from clicking on eBay to lying on the mat, from exmouth

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996

And since he sold it Jim the performance of the site has gone from bad to worse, loads and loads of complaints to the Canadian owners seem to go completely without concern or action.

Quite a lot of facts members are now appearing on fun.

Mike

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can understand Jim not being totally happy, however this thread is about good service which is what a funster received and for that GO are to be commended. The chap doesn't now own MHFacts so perhaps its time to put that old chestnut to bed and move on ... :rolleyes:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
oops .... stupid mobile broadband!!!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Not often you see me praising someone, but this firm in Devon really are something else, don't know them perhaps some of you do but I ordered the acsi card off them about three o'clock yesterday and it was through the letter box before 10 this morning, you couldn't fetch it in the time, brilliant. Don't know if they are as good with everything but that sure was service(y)(y)

Do you ever get that feeling that, for whatever reason, you posted something that weighs you down like a divers lead boots??? :(:(

Don't worry, I do it at least three times a day!! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back