Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Hi all, my wife and I are looking at getting our first van soon and have looked at lots of models across a range of prices........one thing which is worrying us a litlle is having an outboard water tank. We plan to use the home all year round in this country and europe, for skiiing for example.....our concern is that this water will freeze and we will be without use of the tank, or worse still the expansion of the ice cause damage.
Does anyone have experience of this?
We have seen in-board water tanks, but only on new models, which will be a few years down the line before affording new.

Thanks for your help:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I accept age of van has a little to do with it, But in the main Motor homes come in two guises, Fully winterised or Not:Sad: and the terminoligy speaks for its self, There are a few hardend Skier,s on here who will fill you in on the do's and dont's far better than i can
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We plan to use the home all year round in this country and europe, for skiiing for example.....our concern is that this water will freeze and we will be without use of the tank, or worse still the expansion of the ice cause damage.

Hi

If you planning winter trips to the Alps then I would consider buying a 'winterised' van, ideally one with a double floor where all the services are run and the tanks housed, freezing waste and fresh water pipes are a big problem, tanks rarely freeze due to the large volume and tank heaters are available if required.

German marques are generally better insulated and equipped for winter weather.

Jim

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back