Out smart the thief (1 Viewer)

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
It's not every day you get something for nowt from a supplier but I did today and he diserves a mention. The supplier is in North Yorkshire and I live in Lancashire. Now that's a good start because we both come from the "Northern Power House" .
Anyway, when I purchased my new MH the dealer fitted a Gemini 931T - MH alarm with no instruction or instructions. Sales team when asked hadn't a clue or help at hand over. It all worked well and I soon found out how it worked and found some basic instructions on line. I had two activation remotes, the vehicle key fob and a second 4 button fob which I never used until today and found that the battery was flat. I put a new battery in, still no joy but the small led illuminated on fob. Looked at basic instructions not a clue.
Looking through previous posts found an article which I remembered replying to and found the number of Out Smart the Theif in York phoned them got the answer m/c s**t. Put my phone down which immediately rang. It was Carl the director of the alarm company. Told him all my problems with the alarm and he spent over half an hour talking me through everything about my system and talked me through how to reprogram the key fob. He said time taken to explain everything until I was happy was not a problem, and he will send me more instruction etc. At No Cost To Me.
So all in all this supplier "Out Smart The Theif" and Carl Meyer gets 10 out of 10 from me and deserves a mention.
Even thou they came second in the Battle of the Roses. Lol
Colin

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
We too are very impressed with the service Carl gives. 4 years ago when having a Wildax built to our spec we wanted a tracker and coincidentally there was an article in a mag when he first started Outsmart the Thief explaining all its functions. We contacted him and after his very clear informative description we asked him to fit at Wildax outfit in Elland. Duncan MD of Wildax was so impressed that he now offers this on all his builds.
Apart from the immediate call when we have set off alarm by mistake, we have found the most useful feature is when in storage and the battery is getting low he rings to inform us, (and offers to switch system off to prevent a further drain til we get to it). It is also peace of mind that if we were to ever confirm that the alarm is going off as vehicle been stolen he can stop it in it's tracks.
He has always been very helpful whenever we have asked anything. We will definitely be subscribing to this service for a further 5 years when initial 5 years is up. He really gives a personal service (not like the service we had on previous van set up)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
It's a thumbs up from me too. Very patient explains everything in detail at beginning, then very understanding when we accidentally set it off when starting to use it. Had the Platinum fitted at dealers and does give you peace of mind when leaving van.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I believe carl is a member @606060 as i recall
Correct.

We've got their system fitted and every time I've set off the alarm accidentally mobile has rang within 20-30 seconds. Carl asking if everything OK?(y)

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
I had a similarly good experience with Autowatch. I bought a Moho and the flashers were randomly going off and a really helpful guy their by the name of Malcolm talked me through the entire system. Also replaced the siren and the main alarm unit as they were not working correctly. Very good

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
OutSmartTheThief very helpful people, a complete system. Also like the phone call if alarm is triggered to check all ok, very reassuring.

Jun 25, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I would like to echo the praise heaped upon Carl from Outsmart The Thief, I had cause to have work done on my new Wildax dashboard by the Citroen dealer in Carlisle and when I received the vehicle back the alarm kept going off for no reason. I phoned Carl and explained the problem. He agreed to come and meet me at a site in Yorkshire when we stayed there for a few days. He duly arrived and found the fault in no time (the wires to a sensor had been damaged) whilst repairing the damage he tidied the wiring behind the dash panel that had been left in a mess. A few days later I received a phone call from Carl enquiring if everything was ok. All this for no charge even though it wasn't an alarm fault. This type of Service is very rare now a days,he's also a really nice guy, So it's 10 out of 10 from me!

Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
I'm currently looking for a security system for my first moho - pick it up on Saturday :) . I am not too far from Carls business so may well give him a call. I think Vantage Motorhomes use Outsmart the Thief as well as Wildax. ( all Yorkshire lads together eh? ! The only other contenders seems to be Strikeback - but frankly VAnbitz is way too far for me for installation and any subsequent service visits, or another that my dealer suggested which is a Northwest provider called Phantom. all seem to offer the same kind of thing and all seem to be about the same price - circa £650 plus tracker subs.

The Mad Jock

Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
I also have got a Thatcham Alarm Gemini 931T fitted from originally Outsmart The Thief in Market Weighton and has no instructions with it.

Generally Sussed using it but how do you set the sleep/pet mode on the remote when you are in for the night? Any advise welcome please.

The Mad Jock

Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
Just rang Carl as his number was on my installation certificate. What a great bloke. Talked me through everything( I was setting it wrong) and even informed me to put his number & 24hr call out number in my phone. Great service from someone on a Saturday late afternoon.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
I also have got a Thatcham Alarm Gemini 931T fitted from originally Outsmart The Thief in Market Weighton and has no instructions with it.

Generally Sussed using it but how do you set the sleep/pet mode on the remote when you are in for the night? Any advise welcome please.
I would love to know this also. Dealer fitted and seems to know nothing. Our issue is that we can't seem to get the 2 internal sensors on the dash to work at all.
Cheers
Bernie

The Mad Jock

Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
Ber090 I am happy to message you his number if you got installed from Outsmart the Thief.

Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
These guys are A main UK distributer for Gemini. I just had the 931T MH fitted by a local auto electrician. Incl wireless PIR. Had to adjust down sensitivity of ultrasonics as alarm went off when I tested leaving heating on with internal sensors activated. Seems ok now. I also bought an extra 4 button remote to attach to the spare keyring .

Closed Padlock - full alarm & locks all doors
Open padlock - unsets alarm and unlocks doors.
Wireless symbol - locks doors & sets alarm but excludes ultrasonics and PIR.

That button is also used as a panic alarm.

The boot open symbol isnt used.

I also got them to fit an extra (Gemini) led on the windscreen so the status of the alarm can be seen from outside & when blinds are closed at night.

Download instuctions here.
http://www.avsgemini.com/user-instruction-downloads.html

Last edited:

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Ber090 I am happy to message you his number if you got installed from Outsmart the Thief.
Hi , The van was 1 year old when we bought it from Timberland at Chesterfield. They had fitted it at new. Every time we have asked them they give a different answer.They don't have a clue!

The Mad Jock

Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Bernie I will get his number for you when I am home but they are in Market Weighton Yorks

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks to all Funsters who responded to me over my alarm problems. I contacted Carl Meyer at Outsmart the thief at Market Weighton (The Gemini alarm had been fitted by Timberland at Chesterfield ) and he talked me though the operation and suggested a solution to my ultrasonic detectors not working.
He was spot on. The sensitivity was turned to zero. Now adjusted and working perfectly. Great alarm but fitted by inept dealer! Massive thanks to Carl who will definitely be the one to fit any future alarms. Really nice guy who knows his stuff! Remember that Timberland had 2 opportunities to mend and changed their story each time.
Cheers
Bernie:D

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Glad to hear you're sorted. Yip, Carl's a good guy.

The Mad Jock

Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Bernie,

Glad you have got sorted. I was out of the country and only back today hence not having phone number to hand.

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
These guys are A main UK distributer for Gemini. I just had the 931T MH fitted by a local auto electrician. Incl wireless PIR. Had to adjust down sensitivity of ultrasonics as alarm went off when I tested leaving heating on with internal sensors activated. Seems ok now. I also bought an extra 4 button remote to attach to the spare keyring .

Closed Padlock - full alarm & locks all doors
Open padlock - unsets alarm and unlocks doors.
Wireless symbol - locks doors & sets alarm but excludes ultrasonics and PIR.

That button is also used as a panic alarm.

The boot open symbol isnt used.

I also got them to fit an extra (Gemini) led on the windscreen so the status of the alarm can be seen from outside & when blinds are closed at night.

Download instuctions here.
http://www.avsgemini.com/user-instruction-downloads.html

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back