Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Sent an e-mail this morning and got an "Out of Office" reply.
Fair enough, the message also said he'd be in this afternoon.
But I'm wondering..............
does the automatic message so of, cancell out my e-mail, or will it still appear in his "in box".to be read when he gets in ?
Reason I ask, is that I dont want to send another and have the guy think I'm mithering him.

Ta

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Its a standard function of things like 'outlook'

It will be in his in box waiting his return

Peter

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
As peter says he will still get the mail. Its more done for politeness so that you dont keep sending emails he will not read till he gets back.

You will probally only get the Out of office once so even if you sent another message you wont get an out off office reply again.

Good innit?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Just a humorous observation, and this problem has been fixed on mail servers now, but several years ago I remember a network manager tearing his hair out because of overload caused by this facility.

One person set his 'out of office' message, then sent a last e-mail before leaving for two week's holiday. Unfortunately, the person he sent it to had just set their 'out of office message' and gone for two week's holiday as well. The server then happily bounced "Sorry I'm away, but will deal with your message on my return" e-mails to and fro for a fortnight!

Joys of technology!
Joys of technology!
Joys of technology!
Joys of technology!
Joys of technology!
Joys of technology!
Joys of technology!

Philip

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Anyone working for a public authority should use the Out of Office facility and should include a deputy's name in the standard message just in case a FoI request is received by e-mail. Not to do so means (unless the request has been sent to several addresses) that the response clock is counting down without action being taken.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back