Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Our TV slides away beautifully into its designated locker above the pullman seats, but I cannot watch it for more than about 15 minutes before I get a crick in my neck.

I really don't want to be looking up at the telly.

Anyone else had this problem? Did you find a solution?

Steve

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have had this problem in almost every van I have owned. The only solution I have come up with that works, is put the TV on a cheap dropdown bracket bought from B and M and put it permanently under the TV cupboard. This also frees up a cupboard for other use,ie a microwave as there is always a socket in there.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Alway`s had this problem with Yank RV`s...

They would insist on putting the TV above the driver/passenger heads, by which you cannot sit in the either seats comfortably and watch... Same as you a crick in the neck...

Which is one of the reasons we bought the one we have now...

A sensibly placed TV at a height you can sit and look straight at and all seats can view in comfort..:thumb:

A little thought by the manufacturers/builders is all it takes.. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!h4E+oKilHplBP6bvs0rng~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!h4E+oKilHplBP6bvs0rng~~_12.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 76

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Although my motorhome has a TV cupboard with a slide out thingy I've never used it for just the reason you say. I put it on the kitchen work top were I can see it from seating area or watch t in bed.
When travelling it go in its cupboard, wedged with a cushion to prevent breakages. Upside is wit it being loose trees room for a storage box of DVDs in the cupboard too.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
When on our travels we knew the kids would moan about cricked necks so we clamp the TV to the dinette table.When we are parked up it sits on top of the drawers in the end lounge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 55
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
TV cupboards date from times when we did not have flat screen TVs.

I have a bracket on the wall so the TV hangs just above the dinette table.

The bracket allows TV to be swung to any angle, just fold TV flat against side of van when travelling and tighten bracket - 18 months, 12000 miles no problems:thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have a rear lounge so tv is eye height.
bracket prefixed on rear wall behind wardrobe,only thing is tv has to be moved and put in cupboard every time we move.
the old tv we had before this one , the scart lead connection broke and we couldnt get the scart in as we moved it so often, this one is holding up so far after 2 years, better tv this time though from M and S.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I've made a folding platform for the TV which fits onto the back cushion of the double dinette seat that back onto the cab. We can sit together on one side of the table and can watch the telly at eye level. When we're done with it we just fold it all away and stow the telly in a locker.

When I bought the MH telly I chose a screen size that matched exactly what we'd see if we were watching our full-sized TV from the settee at home.

The high up TV locker was driving me scatty - we use it for storage now.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
have a look at my post and picies in this thread

Broken Link Removed

may be a solution

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009

Broken Link Removed

may be a solution

That looks a great idea. However looking at the angle of your TV within the cabinet, I fear ours is not as deep.

It strikes me reading the responses to my thread that no-one likes high TVs! Yes it is great to be just able to slide the TV in and out of the cupboard but at what cost to comfort?

Thanks everyone for your views (no pun intended)

Steve

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Broken Link Removed

may be a solution

So why cannot the MH builders think of ideas like that.

Too busy making sure they can make it look good, without trying to test if it will work and buyers will like it. :Doh:

It's just another example of designers designing a MH to look good rather than to work correctly. :Angry:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

Too busy making sure they can make it look good, without trying to test if it will work and buyers will like it. :Doh:

It's just another example of designers designing a MH to look good rather than to work correctly. :Angry:

Good point Keith. Am of the opinion that most motorhome builders have never spent a night in any of there products. So would have no idea how unlivable a van is. Have seen some Americans where you cant even open the fridge door without putting the slide out. Can you imagine stopping for a cupa on the services and having to put the slide out to get the milk. I even went into a fiver where you could not reach any of the multitude of overhead cupboards without step ladders. How many vans do you see where you have to crawl underneath to release the waste water tap. Great on a nice wet muddy field.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Some do ::bigsmile: see Link Removed
TV on a 3 way bracket so adjusts any angle all in a porpose made cupboard :winky::thumb: can even sit on loo and watch it through the mirror :ROFLMAO:
self build rools as JJ says :thumb:
terry

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thats why i hate hotels, T.V. is always to high to watch! BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back