Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Since 2004
Just thought we would let you know that we did go to visit Ridgeset RV up near Chesterfield on Saturday, and we have to say it was well worth the trip. ::bigsmile:
It was an easy journey from Bristol, and only took us just over three hours even with a breakfast stop.

The RV's were very well presented, spotlessly clean and shiney, (as were the premises) and in the one that we specifically went to view, as it was so cold out, they had put the heating on before we arrived so it was cosy for us to view. Les and Jane made us very welcome and let us take our time with no pressure to buy, answered all our questions honestly and after several hours and several cups of tea we had ourselves a deal. ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

We brought a beautiful Winnebago Brave, at what we feel is a very good price.

So we are very happy and very excited and can't wait to pick it up in six weeks time (which fits in with our house sale/purchase).

Martyn and Jane

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Congratulations on your purchase, wishing you many miles of happy and carefree travelling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Congratulations I have seen the pics, a very nice bus turning green as i type, was the six weeks your choice if not why such a long wait, did you have a Px
Geo

OP
OP
mandjhumph

mandjhumph

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks guys

Geo yes the six weeks was our choice to coincide with the house sale/purchase, got a feeling its going to be a long six weeks though :Sad:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The trouble you have now is that those six weeks will seem like sixteen!!

Well done guys, there is nothing quite like the anticipation in picking a new van. Exciting stuff, Enjoy:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Of course their troubles will be few, its a winnie. ::bigsmile:

Olley

Ian

How does the build quality of Winnies stack up. The few we looked at, seemed to have a dated interior but did seem chunky and built to last with good quality fittings etc.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim after pulling large parts to pieces to fit vital components (OK toys) I am impressed in the main with solidness of the construction. Most things are screwed together rather than stapled making disassembly easy, and ply has been used rather than hardboard.

Wiring is clipped back and every wire is numbered, so is easily traceable. Plumbing is good. Cabinetry is good quality and they have gone for the more expensive veneered centre panel doors, rather than solid.

I haven't found any major items that I thought have been done on the cheap, so far the only thing that's come loose was the telly fitted in this country.:Doh: driving through Belgium last year I thought it was going to fall on my head.

Built on the Workhorse chassis with a 8.1 GM gives plenty of grunt, good brakes and stability on the road, however driving down rough roads or cobble stones, shakes you to bits, something that using carthorse springs can't deal well with.

Having looked at quite a few others i feel for the price they are excellent value.

Olley

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know this should be in the Belly Locker but I am using Ringleaders privilege to post it here.

A blonde goes into a coffee shop and notices there's a "peel and win" sticker on her coffee cup.

So she peels it off and starts screaming, "I've won a motorhome! I've won a motorhome!"

The waitress says, "That's impossible. The biggest prize is a free Lunch.?"

But the blonde keeps on screaming, "I've won a motorhome! I've won a motorhome!"

Finally, the manager comes over and says, "Ma'am, I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. You couldn't have possibly won a motorhome because we didn't have that as a prize.

The blonde says, "No, it's not a mistake. I've won a motorhome!"

And she hands the ticket to the manager and HE reads...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

(YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE THIS !!!!!! . I PROMISE !)

-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"W I N A B A G E L"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
The old ones are always the best ones Jim::bigsmile:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Congratulations !!

It took you long enough.

Where are you going ?

GOOD LUCK

John Julie Sam Daisy:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

OP
OP
mandjhumph

mandjhumph

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks BillyM & co

Being poor as we are!! the time frame was determined by the house sale which after four months of hardly any interest suddenly developed into three proceedable offers within 72 hours!! :Eeek:

We will stay fairly local for a few months to get used to the van and so that Lucy can prepare for uni. After that the plan is to go around the coast of the UK and Ireland then head abroad. ::bigsmile:

We are looking forward to meeting every one at a motorhome fun meet ::bigsmile:

Martyn and Jane

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back