Our short-lived dream is over.... (1 Viewer)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
So sorry for your loss accept our condolences to you and your family life is so short.

Paul & Lynne

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
My heartfelt condolences to you and your family Jacky
Thinking of you in these difficult times
Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just to say because sometimes it seems strange, whenever you may post it may seem to get likes, but instead of think of them as a hug, it's kind of just showing we are there and listening. I am sure you have been in all of our thoughts today. I hope you do manage a bit of sleep tonight.

Last edited:

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi jacky...Genuinely shocked for your loss. you are very brave posting as you have, words can't begin to sum up how you must be feeling.

Our sincere condolences go out to you and your family at this time.

Anth and Lou

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Jacky, can't add anything that hasn't already been said by other Funsters. You are in my thoughts and hope you eventually see a light at the end of the long dark tunnel.
Only you know if it is right to sell your van, all I would say is dont do anything in haste. Depending on your beliefs it may be that your husbands spirit will accompany you as you move forward with your life, and he might just like to enjoy your time away in the MH

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Our thoughts are with you on such a tragic loss.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Jacky, my heart sank when I read your post. I am so sorry this has happened. My partner died in a motorbike accident, 8 years ago, in France. We'd bought our first motorhome exactly a week earlier and were due to leave on our first trip the next day.
The shock is horrendous, I hope you have family to support you. The extra stress of repatriation is difficult but we found everyone was helpful and did all they could.
For now, it's one minute at a time, one breath at a time if necessary. PM me if I can do anything at all.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
our sincere condolences to you and your daughters .

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Deepest condolences. There are no words, just be strong for your children.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
So sorry to learn of the tragic loss of your dear husband. Please accept my sincere condolences x

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Cannot add words to what already has been expressed.
Sincerest and heartfelt condolences at this sad time to you and your family.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
My heart goes out to you and your family, a truly awful shock for you. Sending you love and light x

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
So sorry,our sincere condolences.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Sweetheart

We have never met, but your post moved me.

I am a biker as well and just returned from a tour South of France (was heading to Slovenia). I am sure you are correct that your beloved was a careful "tidy" rider, as I hope I am. Take some solice that he ended his life doing something he loved, and not aged and helpless in a care home.

It is never a good idea to make big decisions in a crisis situation - press the pause button on selling the MH - you have plenty of time.

As HRH said on 9/11, grief is the price you pay for love.

Every day you will miss him from the moment you wake.
One day you will realise you have not thought about him until mid morning - that is when you are healing. Do not feel guilty that day.

We are only here for a short time - cherish the great memories and cry now at the huge loss - but he would not want you to live forever in widow's weeds.

bless you.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I like so many others here will be thinking of you and your girls. So very sorry for your loss.
My mantra when in troubled times is, "give me the strength to endure", sometimes that's all one can do.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
As a fellow biker and motorhomer I was deeply saddened and horrified to read your post.
I have had several accidents in my biking life including a broken back but always bounced back as could not give up my lifelong passion.
Have read many times " He died doing what he loved" to me that cannot explain the loss that you and the girls must be feeling,sincere condolences and our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
My heartfelt Condolences to you and your family...

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Our deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Kath and Howie

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
So sorry to read of your husbands tragic death. Sincere condolences.

Jun 9, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu T500
Exp
Since 2014
So sorry to read your post. Our thoughts are with you at this most sad and tragic of times.

OP
OP
Ja63

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
I am truly touched by the kind messages on here from all you lovely people who we never got to meet but have spoken to me as though we were lifelong friends

I have also been swamped with heartfelt messages from family and friends and also, from his wide circle of friends in the biking world and his contacts in business, some I have never even met or spoken to before.

I knew he was popular but people are saying that he was an inspiration, mentor, all round good guy who would do anything to help anyone in need.....I am so proud of the fact that he was loved so much by so many. I am thankful that I found him all those years ago and somehow got him to agree to be my lifelong soulmate and to be the father to our girls. He adored all of us and we adored him back.

This has been the hardest few days of my life.....and I am frightened of the dark days ahead

I should have him back on Tuesday or Wednesday next week and once a firm date is confirmed I can plan his send off

I will post the date and time of his send off on here....maybe you would raise a glass to him on that day and mourn the friend that you almost had if we had been given time to start attending the meets and rallies......you would have loved him too.

Thank you from the bottom of my broken heart

Jacky xxxx

:heartbreak:Colin Askey 1963 - 2015 :heartbreak:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread