Our short-lived dream is over.... (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
My deepest sympathies as I know exactly what you are going through as my wife was killed in a road traffic collision and my world collapsed around me. It is hard to believe that time lessens the agony with the balm of family and friends. Please believe when I say you will heal but it is a process with no time scale. If I can help in any way, feel free to PM me.

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
So very sorry to hear your devastating news. All our love to you and your girls, from Bernie and Jacqueline x

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Sorry to hear of your loss, Our thoughts are with you. If you need any advice just ask .
Ian and Shirls

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Everything has already been said, but just want to send you our condolences. Keep strong for your daughters and reach out on here if it helps.

Martin and Judith

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Such a tragedy and, as always, so unfair when taken so young.

Try to believe that , if he could see you, he would want you all to be happy and enjoying yourselves in due course taking him with you in your memory.

Don't rush into anything too soon!

My thoughts are with the three of you.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Our very deepest sympathy to you, your family and friends. Hope that you can find the strength from somewhere to support you in all this and that you can eventually go on to create a new life for yourself. You are only young and it would be another tragedy for you to waste a life that needs living.

So sorry.x

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Dear Jacky, we are so, so sorry to hear your sad news and send our love to you and your girls.
Lesley and Dave

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dear Jacky, I am so sorry to hear your terrible news.... It is obvious that we all wish we could do something to make your pain easier to bear, but are at a loss.

Each of us will try to help in whatever way we can but as individuals the words we search for will be based on our own experiences... From my heart, my message to you and your girls is when the hurt becomes too much simply be grateful that you were loved and when the time is right your beautiful memories will see you through. Not everyone is lucky enough to have that and it is very special to you, very priceless. Thinking of you and your family ...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Jacky, its impossible to comprehend the agony you and the girls are in, but please from experience dont make hasty decisions that will effect your future. Although it doesnt feel like it right now life will carry on and you will be happy again

sending you all our love, and you will remain in our thoughts

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Jacky
I wanted to write something really sincere and heartfelt having suffered such a loss,but my head wouldn't work even though it was many years ago that it happened, my loss.
Time has given me a new and exciting life and I only hope it does the same for you and your daughters,slowly and surely the lights came back on.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I know from experience that are no words that can comfort you and your family but the kind thoughts and words from friends and strangers are welcome so Tony and I send love to you all.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Jacky,
what a terrible, life changing tragedy for you and your girls. I hope you take some comfort in the fact that this happened while your lovely husband was following one of his dreams and I too think you should wait a while before deciding what to do with your lovely motorhome. There are many singles and lots of couples who will all help you and welcome you at rallies or anywhere else you go. There is also a ladies meet up at Rutland next spring which you could come to. If seeing the motorhome is so upsetting maybe look at finding storage nearby as a temporary thing while you decide. Whatever you do, be assured that the funster family will be thinking of you. Loren xx

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Thinking of you and your family at this awful time.

image.jpg

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Jacky so sorry for your loss are hearts go out to you and your girls
Mark and julie

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I am so sorry to learn of your loss. My thoughts are with you. Clive

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
please accept our condolences for your terrible loss. Give the motorhome a little time, I think you should keep it and enjoy it in his memory and do it for the two of you.

rebellious 1

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Funster No
Jacky,no words can give consolation at this tragic time,just heartfelt thoughts for your grievous loss and the hope that your strength and resilience will pull you all safely through.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
So sorry to hear of your loss, especially tragic in view of your joint plans to travel together and enjoy your Motorhome.

As M/H'ers and bikers we understand both pastimes but cannot comprehend the sadness you must be feeling at this time.

Best wishes to you.

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
We add our thoughts, love and prayers for you and your family as you deal with this awful tragedy.

Brian and Sandy

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
So very sorry Jacky that you have received such heartbreaking news especially when you had so much to look forward to. May your memories give you comfort and strength during the times to come.

Brian & Karen

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We don't know what to say other than our thoughts are with you.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Jackie, I think the Motorhome is the focus for all you have had snatched away from you. Not just your man, but the hopes and dreams you shared with him, as a family and as a wife. Right now you are in limbo, numb, totally disbelieving and grief stricken too. Just focus on taking one breath. Then another. Then another. That is all you need to do for now. Lean on those who love you. And just breathe.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I am not good with words at times like this. Take comfort from knowing that we all feel sad for you and your girls. It's like a great big hug and a shoulder to cry on.

Pamela and Derek

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
I dont know what to say, but didnt want to read all this and say nothing, So sorry for your loss

OP
OP
Ja63

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
I have just collapsed in bed exhausted from today's events.....I may actually be able to sleep tonight unlike last night. Have had a house full of people which has been comforting but exhausting and have started all the necessary arrangements to bring my man home.
They always say that the time between death and the funeral is like a place of limbo where you are bereaved but cannot yet be at peace to grieve. It will take up to 10 days to get him back to the UK, so I will be in limbo for at least two weeks which feels like forever. The Embassy rang me this morning to say they would do an autopsy today, against my will....but it is compulsory in Slovenia. My heart is in my mouth waiting to hear what the actual cause of death was.....too horrific to contemplate yet I have to know.
I posted on here expecting some sympathy about the sudden end to our motorhome dreams and instead, I have been absolutely swamped with the kindest, most heartfelt and personal messages....I never expected that and thank every one of you who has taken time to show me kindness despite our short 'friendship'
If kind thoughts could bring him back, he would be right here with me now
Thank you xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back