Our short-lived dream is over.... (1 Viewer)

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
We are so sorry to read of your loss,our thoughts are with you,regards Alf andM.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Very sorry to hear of your loss, he sounds like a top bloke who lived life to the full - the sort to share a beer and an adventure with.

As others have said do nothing hastily the motorhome may become a sanctuary and, in time, lead you forward in your life. If it currently jars a nerve when you see it on the drive get a family member or friend to put it in a storage facility for you. If they need help preparing it for storage over winter I'm sure a MHF member living nearby will offer that help.

Come the spring reconsider your options, you may still decide you want to get rid, but you may regret decisions made at a tie when your head and heart are, understandably, all over the place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000iL
Exp
since 2015
I am so very sorry to hear your news. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family x

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Hi Jackie,

Like many of the other posters, I have never met you or your husband, and I am not sure that I can fully understand what you are going through, but there is a real community spirit on this forum and I would like to join them in adding my sincere condolences.

It seems that many in the Motorhome community also spend or have spent time in the biking community (self included), I think the two must appeal to a more adventurous spirit.

These words are attributed to the Dalai Lama

"Man sacrifices health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate health.
And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived
"

Sincere, profound, and not applicable to your husband.

It is tragic that he is gone, especially so young, but he went doing something he loved, and it can't be said that he went without ever having lived.

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
So very sorry to hear your sad news, it was incredibly brave of you to post on here today. My thoughts will be with you over the coming days and weeks. God bless

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
What a terrible thing to happen to you and your family, especially when you had been making fine plans to enjoy later life together. Our thoughts are with you .

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Reading your post has just filled us both with utter sadness at your terrible loss. It seems completely inadequate sending just our most heartfelt condolences, we are lost for words...David and Ginny.

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
As a biker , my heart goes out to you
Hopefully you've got family and friends to help you through this tragic time .
If you need any help , just ask , somebody will be able to help you .

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
So sorry to hear of your loss, but keep strong for your daughters. Don't give up on the motorhome just yet sure your husband would love the idea of you and daughters going away in it still.

Esmerelda

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducatto
Exp
Very little
So very sorry.

Dancing in another plain

Laughing, smiling together again

Sun shining on us warm and strong

In the wind pushing us along

We'll feel them.

Full moon watching clear and bright

Frosty crunching feet at night

A spider's web with dew-drop sprinkling

Myriads of stars; colours twinkling

We'll sense them.

Bluebells greeting us in spring

The sunrise that each dawn will bring

Crashing each wave into shore

The autumn colours on the floor

We'll know them.

So each new day and all around

We'll surely find them safe and sound

A rainbow's pleasure falls to land

From them sharing with us, and

We'll love them.

Nethernut

Free Member
Apr 25, 2011
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Jackie, so sorry to hear your sad news. As others have said, just make decisions that are necessary to get you and your family through the next few weeks, once the shock has eased you will be able to think about all the other stuff. Get someone to move the motorhome somewhere safe for now, maybe your dealer would be willing to store it for you for a few weeks. Take care x

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
So, so very sorry to hear this. What a dreadful loss. All I can say is I am thinking of you at this saddest of times.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Jackie so sorry to hear of your loss ,I'm a biker too , on behalf of kesriel and myself please accept our sincere and deepest sympathy

A guy in my bike club lost his wife to cancer,they went everywhere together ,he had his wife's image painted on his tank , he said she still rides with me ,perhaps taking a photo of your hubby in the Mh may help you with the tragic loss ,only a thought

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Dear Jacky, I've never met you but like many others on here I'm in shock and words fail me.
Giving advices at this time, is quite a difficult thing to do. You are in pain and most of our words might never reach their target (sorry if it's not the right word, it's hard when not mother's tongue). I would think Brian (Hildweller) is pointing out something which could give you some strength.
Take your time to swallow this tragic event, and do not rush in deciding things about your future life. Give your heart some time to heal... a bit.
As everybody said , if you need any help for anything just give a shout, I'm sure there will always be a funster not far from you to help.
Thinking of you and your daughters ...

Amicalement

Frankie

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I'm so sorry to hear this.
You have our deepest sympathy and are in our thoughts.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Please accept our condolences, at this horrible time it must be so difficult for you to take in what has happened in the past 24 hours, your husband sounded as if he really enjoyed life and it's challenges a good and interesting man. Our thoughts like all the others on fun are with you. If you just need somewhere to let of steam, ask questions, use Fun you are part of it's community and it's there for you what ever time of day or night.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can only echo the previous sentiments.. what a very sad loss.. my fullest heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.

In the motorhome world, there is an oft used Latin phrase .. Carpe Diem .. 'Seize the day'..

Your beloved husband had 'seized the day' doing something he loved.. he was following a dream..

you can also 'seize the day' .. for yourself and your girls.. do the things you planned.. you can do your dream.. I know it is what your husband would want..

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
So very sorry for your loss. I admit I cannot imagine life without Graham. You and your family are in our thoughts.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
My deepest sympathy's and heart felt sadness goes to you and your family Jacky, from a recent exbiker, and there by the grace of God I managed nearly 48 years even involved in 3 major accidents caused by other car drivers.
Wishing you all the best for the future.

John.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
So sorry to read about this, my heart goes out to Jacky. Nothing anyone says will make you feel better but just know that if you need any help or advice re the motorhome, we are here in abundance.

Wishing you and the girls the strength to get through this.

Sandra and Colin

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
No words Jacky, no words. Life is so precious. All love to you and your daughters, x

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
As an ex motorcycle racer I can understand how your man ticked... I often as many bikers do thought of the consequences of what I was going . In the Wee small hours I could convince myself I would stop doing it as I worried for my family.
But then the passion and enthusiasm would take over and I would ride again.

Your man obviously had that passion no doubt supported by you. He has sadly paid the ultimate price but it's a fair bet .... No a certainty he would want the very best for you and your family.

Sincere condolences from us !

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
My deepest sympathy and condolences on your loss.

From a fellow adventure biker its always a worry when you set out on a trip not for yourself but for those waiting at home.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I can't say or do anything to make the hurt and pain go away. If I could I would have done so of course.

I echo what others have said about not making decisions in a hurry. Time does not heal but it does give you chance to come to terms with a new perspective and sometimes you regret things you did too soon.

It is so wonderful that Funsters nearby have offered to help you. Wish we were closer.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back