Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I would like to let our new members know about the opening meet/get-together at Bosworth Water Trust in Warwickshire on the 29th of this month. There are almost 20 members attending and we have plenty of space for a few more. It would be very nice to meet more of you and put faces to your motorhomefun names, so please do look at your calendar and see if you can make it.

Some people that are attending have never attended a meet before, and to those wondering if a meet is for them, please be assured that they are very relaxed affairs, nothing is "organised" for you, there are no embarrassing games or initiation ceremonies, no square dancing and no one knocks on your door with an itinerary!:eek: Attending a meet is just like attending any other camp-site, the difference being that your neighbours are very friendly because you all have something in common. "MotorhomeFun" I can guarantee you will find the weekend so enjoyable you will be straight back here to our calendar to book your next one. ::bigsmile: Go on, you know you want to, come along and make some new friends.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim

Jan and I considered joining you lot, I know it will be a great weekend but wish it were closer, there is no use me making an excuse because of work commitments, we could get the w/e off the pub, however, the cost of fuel plus the site fees makes it a rather expensive jolly. :frowny:

Please accept our apologies, perhaps next time if the location is further South ..

Jim n Jan

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Apologies accepted Jim, the diesel will always come into the equation. :frowny: When we have more members we will advertise for some volunteer meets organisers from different regions. Keith and Sharon have the Midlands well covered, but it will be nice to have gatherings of "Funsters" from right down on the S coast of England up into Scotland and of course in Wales.

Meets are generally held over a weekend and no one wants to drive for hours in Friday night traffic and then repeat it on Sunday, so meets should be as local as possible so that members can get the most out of them.

Keith and Sharon will be able to assist any new organisers until they were up to speed with all the little things that can trip up a novice organiser. Once people realise how much fun informal meets are, I am sure they will be very popular.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim

Thanks for understanding, regional meets are a good idea once there are enough members in the area, a map showing each members rough location would be useful for planning..

Cheers

Jim

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all, especially Jim & Jim ::bigsmile:
Feeble excuse Jim :roflmto: We can have a whip round and help you with the diesel costs mate, no problemo ::bigsmile: Just to remind everyone that we have organised a meet at Jims pub in Kent at the end of October, should be a real fun weekend.....
We do have experience of organising these events and are more than happy to help anyone wishing to do similar events wherever they may be. Because we have the calendar here on Fun, it is very easy to see what is being organised and when. Meets are, as Jim has said already, VERY informal things indeed and anyone can organise one, you do not have to be special in any way. Just decide when you are going somewhere that you may enjoy some company, post it in the calendar and in the forum (with a link to the calendar of course) and wait to see if others are interested in joining you. Some have said to us that they are afraid to post a meet in case no-one shows up..... That is a valid thought, however in reality, you were going to the site anyway, so what have you lost? ::bigsmile: We once organised a meet and only one other couple attended, we had a superb weekend with them, really got to know them and now we are great friends. That is one advantage of sharing your time with others.....
We have helped others to organise meets in different parts of the country, some which we were unable to attend, and the people that did attend had a great time, so as you can see, it can be done and it is FUN.
Please contact us if we can be of any help at all ::bigsmile:
Anyway, back on topic, we do have space left at the Opening meet and would be thrilled to see many more faces coming together, some for the first time and others just to meet up with old friends again. Nothing is arranged, no-one is expected to join in with anything, just arrive and check everyone out, make up your minds about coming out and chatting with us all and most of all just kick back and enjoy the weekend :roflmto: We have had a couple come along for a meet, and they sat in their van reading, until they saw everyone outside (in the rain....) having a chat and a laugh, when they decided to come and join us and introduce themselves, from then on they have been avid "meeters", so you can see, it really is up to the individual what they do.....
I personally am really looking forward to meeting up with you all at The Grand Opening Meet, just hoping the weather is kind to us.....

Keith

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi matey
The post code is CV13 6PD and the lat / long from Autoroute is
Lat 52.62650 N
Long 1.43702 W
(These coordinates are for the postcode and may be a fraction out from the site itself, but I hope it gives you an idea)

Hope this helps

Keith

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Hi matey
The post code is CV13 6PD and the lat / long from Autoroute is
Lat 52.62650 N
Long 1.43702 W
(These coordinates are for the postcode and may be a fraction out from the site itself, but I hope it gives you an idea)

Hope this helps

Keith

Thanks Keith,
sorry for late reply, but we were eating.
Will look on Autoroute!
Thanks again

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
sorry for late reply, but we were eating.
Thanks again
Thats OK Graham, you are allowed to eat mate :roflmto::roflmto:
If you still have trouble, try usine the postcode in Multimap ::bigsmile:

Keith

Ps Looking forward to meeting you there :roflmto:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Just looked it up and not far from us.
If I remember right it is a whopping £20 per night. ( a lot for a T Class that usually wild camps)
What is the camp site called and is it by water as the name suggests?
Thanks

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Looks good to me, but thought it was £20.
Should we want to book, how do we do it so we are in the same area on the site?

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Graham
Call the site and tell them that you are with the group on pitches 23 and up, they will know where to put you then matey ::bigsmile:
Then if you can post on here to let us know that you are booked Sharon can put your name down in the calendar ::bigsmile:

Keith

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I just phoned and gave a credit card number for the £10 deposit. I mentioned that I wanted to be with the "group of friends" camping together that weekend and gave a few pitch numbers (you'll find them on the calendar).

Hope this helps

Linda

Edit: Keith's fingers are faster than mine !

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Spoke to Sam and think yes also.
Are we going to be the only ones with coach built???? ha ha ha:winky::winky:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Spoke to Sam and think yes also.
Are we going to be the only ones with coach built???? ha ha ha:winky::winky:

Don't think so, if you get Sam to go as well (hope you can) I think the Rv's will be outnumbered by coachbuilts. ::bigsmile:

Have you looked at Link Removed recently, it looks like we are getting a good mix in now ::bigsmile:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Graham
I hope that you can come and also that you can talk Sam into coming as well mate. After her run of bad luck recently, they need to be cheered up, and we are the crew to do it :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:
Looking forward to meeting you all......

Keith

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
im here........................we are coming..::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
just tried ringing to book but no answer...:frowny:
will try again tomorrow.......::bigsmile:

Keep trying it took me ages and even when I did get through the women could'nt hear a thing for kids shouting in the background. It was'nt until my confirmation came through that I was even convinced we were booked in.

Look forward to meeting up sorry to hear about you bad luck, you know what they say 'don't let em grind you down'(or words to that effect).

Cheers
Ror

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi forestboy I did get through the women could'nt hear a thing for kids shouting in the background. It was'nt until my confirmation came through that I was even convinced we were booked in.

ditto that:wub:

samm just keep trying !! might be better now that kids back at school its a water sports site boating etc.. i

RAY

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
thanks people...looking forward to it.....yeee haaaa
graham...enough wine!! ARE YOU CRAZY!!! the rv's have a special tank for wine only!!! much like the water tanks!!!!...right rv'ers???:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back