Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Our new rig ready to roll off for our first outing tomorrow.

My only concern was outside storage as we have downsized from an A class, inside storage is actually slightly more as we have 3 slides but outside was a worry. Spent all day today trying to fit everything in and I'm amazed everything from the A class except 2 very large items (which we've used twice in 3 years) fitted in with a bit of space left over. We drove it 50 miles yesterday it was so easy and so maneuverable compared to the A class we even called in our local garage and fueled up something we've never been able to do before. It's early days yet as we need to spend some time getting used to a smaller rig but first impressions are very favorable.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
we even called in our local garage and fueled up something we've never been able to do before.

Nice one mate.. looks like a big overhang .. just watch the tail swing at the pumps.. :roflmto:

good luck on the maiden trip

jim

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Nice rig Ror, looks a real beaut, hope it serves you well.:thumb:
Safe and happy travels to you both.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Rory,

I am not normally into coach builts, but I have to admit, that is a nice looking rig. It won't take much getting used to.

Happy RV'ing, and safe travels to you and Jan.

Jock & Rita.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Ror we intend to change from our A class Hurricane on LPG to a B class diesel, probably Gulfstream BT Tourer 27 later this year. Is yours a diesel, as I would like to know mpg of Ford 6l turbo diesel and how it performs.
Good luck with your new rig
Larry

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Larry

No this one is a petrol.

I wanted a diesel and was very keen on the BT Cruiser (A) because it was diesel and I'm a diesel head my A class was a front engine diesel, I loved it, and (B) because it had more outside storage. The problem is all the secondhand ones are on the pre August 2008 chasis and as such have virtually no payload in as much as 200kgs max. The post 2008 are on the new Ford chasis which has between 700kgs to 1200kgs depending on make Concorde being better than Gulfstream. Also the only ones made with diesel units as far as I could find anyway were all made for Oakwell and all are overloaded on the front axle even before you start filling them up with your worldly possessions. A new one is out of the question and the payload and overloaded front end put me off the Gulfstream. If you talk to Oakwell long enough they will admit they had them specially made at the customers request but warned all the buyers that they would be permanently overloaded how true that is I have no idea but it was enough to put me off.
Hope this helps rather than confuses. Good luck just make sure you do your research and don't believe a word the dealers tell you.:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Rory thanks very much I may well have to re think Ta Larry

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Rory, nice looking RV, makes touring a bit easier.:thumb: :shout:......................But still too big to be called an Ice cream van:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We will have a look when we see you next.::bigsmile: Bob.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Dead nice is that Rory, :thumb: cant wait to see inside.

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Nice one Rory

Still not convinced on the outside storage.............. But hey ! If your happy, then I'm happy for you :thumb:

See you soon Matey :thumb:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Nice one Rory

Still not convinced on the outside storage.............. But hey ! If your happy, then I'm happy for you :thumb:

See you soon Matey :thumb:

Hi Tony

I'm not saying it's got as much storage space as the A class or anywhere near it because it hasn't. But what amazed me was that I was able to get everything from the A class into this one (except for 2 very large items). As you know I was expecting to have to put a storage box on the roof. As things stand I don't need too, that's not to say I won't because seldom used items could go in a roof box which would make managing the lockers a lot easier. Although all the lockers in the A class were used none were filled to capacity, except maybe the rear one ,which made accessing items much easier. The difference now is that all the lockers except 2 small ones are filled to capacity so accessing items can be a bit more difficult but a small price to pay I think. As I said earlier it's early days yet but first impression is very good only time and plenty of use will tell whether the compromise is worthwhile.
See you soon mate good luck on your first trip oversea in the beast hope you've been boning up on your French:thumb: "Ave Vous Un Sister":winky:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
It looks really smart. Is it a c class or rv?
Have a good trip and enjoy the new toy.::bigsmile:
Lucille

l

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
It looks really smart. Is it a c class or rv?
Have a good trip and enjoy the new toy.::bigsmile:
Lucille

l
No its a B+Low Profile. Difference is no bed over the cab which suits us as its usually just Jan and I plus the granddaughter occasionally gives a much more spacious feel inside.

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
A to B

Hi Both,

We've made a similar move to yourselves (From fifth wheel to B class!) & can fully identify with your new sense of freedom. We initially started motorhoming with a C class & loved every minute of it, but we got a bit carried away with the static luxury of a fifth wheel, which as with an A class nobody can deny. But to have back that sense of adventure, of not having to plan out every trip & still with a bit of luxury as well, its a very welcome change.:thumb: Even my stubborn husband who hasn't owned a petrol vehicle for over 30 years is quite impressed with the petrol. With our little Winnie we still have a fair amount of outside locker space. We're still debating an LPG conversion at this stage.:Cool::Smile:

Griffs

Last edited:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
glad she is now yours, enjoy your adventures in her, and tell Jan not to forget the bleach::bigsmile: hope to meet up with you both soon. it doesn't matter about the outside storage, Jan has got enough inside storage and that is much more important:winky: and you have enough outside storage to make you happy, so away you go:thumb:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Rory and Jan

Glad you're happy with it - and as long as Jan can get her washing machine in and run around with the bleach she'll be happy with it as well. Oh - what about the oven - does this one make lasagnas by any chance:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hope to see you both soon (Morecambe??)

Pammy

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
WoW! The nicest R.V I have seen for a while, love the paintwork :thumb:

Any chance of a pic inside? :Blush:

I've been thinking about a fifth wheeler lately as I've not moved for 5 months except around the park :cry: So it might make sense...................anyone up for a swapsy :winky:

Boo

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Nice looking beastie. Who says you can have any colour so long as its white.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
WoW! The nicest R.V I have seen for a while, love the paintwork :thumb:

Any chance of a pic inside? :Blush:

I've been thinking about a fifth wheeler lately as I've not moved for 5 months except around the park :cry: So it might make sense...................anyone up for a swapsy :winky:

Boo

We'll take some inside pics later on today when we set up I'll post a couple Sunday when we return.:thumb:

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
glad you fitted everything in rory, having allready having a peak inside :winky:
all i can say is very nice::bigsmile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Very very nice :whatthe: hope it goes as well as it looks for you.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Have a good trip

Dave:thumb:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just got back from Broadway CC site in the Cotswold one of our favorite sites. We've rejoined CC since getting the new van as its just 29ft so most sites are open to us again I know they get slagged off but I like CC sites.

Anyway the weekend went really well the new van is so easy to drive and park up and very comfortable to live and sleep in. Two small problems a tap started leaking in the kitchen turned out to be a O ring in the mixer and the oyster Sat System has no instructions so I haven't got a clue how to use it.

A few pics as promised roll on next weekend:thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Nice Tardis rory,

an amazing amount of room with the twin lounge and single bed slide outs.

im sure you will get used to the smaller living space in time:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back