Our New Morelo Palace Liner, some early pics re-route home (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Michael is the fridge freezer the same size as standard dometic units like in my carthago or is it bigger I ask as if the same size could the 10 series be fitted in place of my fridge which are renowned for being useless

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
14!!! :( I've had a wasted life :(

I couldn't afford to run it ... I'd just look at it and caress it and sing love songs to it and stand on guard with a shot gun all the time. It is beautiful.

No offence intended but I think we ve all become a bit brainwashed about MPG. If you calculate your annual mileage and then put in MPG at say 30mpg and compare it to the 14mpg mentioned above, its the difference that is relevant not the total and with most motorhomes in the 5K-10K annual mileage its not the biggest issue even for smaller mh's.

Depreciation however..................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Is that just for sun Michael or does it also act like a silver screen for cold weather winter use?
They have 2 types, one is just a heavy duty mesh which is what I have ordered and another which is a padded "winter" version. Both are on the web site. They do have some English pages, but an alternate is to open the URL in Chrome which will give you on the fly translation.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Michael is the fridge freezer the same size as standard dometic units like in my carthago or is it bigger I ask as if the same size could the 10 series be fitted in place of my fridge which are renowned for being useless
I believe so. They made no alterations to the furniture in my Liner, it went in the same "hole". I have the full Tec Tower version with the oven on top. We are away down to Spain at the end of August so we shall get some opportunity to check the operation, but as I have said our experience so far has shown it to be more stable, not such extreme variations in temperature, like the old 8555 fridge up to 11 degrees for hours because you had the door open and loaded it with fresh but not cold food.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Fantastic looking machine, loving the choice of chassis also.
What is the gross weight, over 7.5t?
Second hand Morelo or Concorde on the hit list in the future, I love my RS, underpowered on the Iveco hence why I re mapped, and I quite like the new Elysian but coming in at 275k I think a Morelo or Concorde would be topping the list, can you fit full size ovens? One of the reasons we got shot of the burstner, the tec tower was about as much use as a fire guard of the chocolate type.
Will be interesting to see how everything goes in your new machine, enjoy.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Michael can you spec the marello with a built in genny and if so why did you not go for this option just thinking about running the habitation air con when off grid

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Michael can you spec the marello with a built in genny and if so why did you not go for this option just thinking about running the habitation air con when off grid
Yes you can. I did not. I have a dual fuel Yamaha 2.0 which I store in the garage but to be honest it only got used twice in 3 years on the Flair. I have 640amps of Lithium, and 520 watts of solar. I have 2 Freshlights (2200) and a cunning plan, one is connected to the inverter. I also have 2 Fantastic vents.

GeoffC

Free Member
Nov 5, 2016
Prescot
Funster No
MH
A Class Bavaria i740
Exp
since 2012
That is a fantastic looking motorhome - thanks for posting the pics and telling us about it. You cant really expect too much in terms of mpg from something of that size and weight. I would personally be quite nervous about driving something of that size and value. I can get quite stressed when manoeuvring around sites in my 7.49 mtr Bavaria and its not been without incidents. Its quite surreal that you can drive something of that size on a normal license really. But make hay while the sun shines. Whilst there are always those who will look at your outfit and say "that's ridiculously large!" I like many others will see vans like yours on site and gawp in total wonderment - now at least I know what they look like inside - and yes they are boss!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes you can. I did not. I have a dual fuel Yamaha 2.0 which I store in the garage but to be honest it only got used twice in 3 years on the Flair. I have 640amps of Lithium, and 520 watts of solar. I have 2 Freshlights (2200) and a cunning plan, one is connected to the inverter. I also have 2 Fantastic vents.
Hi Michael

We are back home and it's raining I can't get on in the garden, so I am looking back through old threads ;)

Did Morelo wire your Freshlight into the inverter? I imagine on a sunny day 520 watts of solar will go a long way towards running the air-con and then that much lithium well "wow", will it run OK while you drive?

Martin

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
As an added spend I ordered one of these guys' windscreen sunscreens. Interesting method of fixing which is easy for the vertically challenged and a 3,72m high van.
www.rvmasters.se
Surely you'd use the electric blackout blind inside the windscreen, wouldn't you? I don't see why you'd use this. It looks sketchy to me!

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael

We are back home and it's raining I can't get on in the garden, so I am looking back through old threads ;)

Did Morelo wire your Freshlight into the inverter? I imagine on a sunny day 520 watts of solar will go a long way towards running the air-con and then that much lithium well "wow", will it run OK while you drive?

Martin

Hi Martin,

Sorry about your weather:giggle:

So the inverter and Freshlight is a little complicated in what I wanted and had installed. Firstly and a key part to my thinking, the 2200 Freshlight has an interesting and unique feature, you can set it to just ventilate, it has, unusually for an air con unit, a set of electromechanical flaps which open when selected open and the fan system exhausts air from the van in a similar way to the Fantastic vent for example, but without the cooling compressor.
I wanted to be able to run this feature when not on EHU so needed the Freshlight on the inverter side I therefore had Morelo put one Freshlight on the inverter and one on EHU only, however there is more to this side, read on.
Next in the process I replaced the Buttner with a Victron 3kw Multiplus, now the feature of these is that there are 2 off 230vac out, one is inverted fully the other is a switched circuit with UPS when EHU is engaged. So the other Freshlight is on that circuit.
I re-engineered my 230vac breaker panels to incorporate this and now I have the Fridge, 1 Freshlight, Washing machine and 24vdc charger on AC2 out of the Victron via a new RCD/Breaker and the rest on the full inverted service out of AC1, which means when on EHU the whole vans consumption is managed by the Victron and provides UPS whatever we run. The exception is the Alde heating which is direct from EHU. However I have an Alde load monitor which I set to the same as the Victron so the shore breaker is never taken unawares!
Therefore one Freshlight is on fully inverted the other will shut down if the EHU goes, the benefit being that I can run both when on a 6 amp EHU, plus the fridge, washing machine etc, the balance of amperage needed being made up from inversion.
Long winded and maybe a bit unclear, however back to your question yes I can run one of the Freshlights when on the road. I can also run one on inverter when there is good solar, however I would be consuming my solar feed when one is planning to top up.
Personally I am still coming to terms with the Lithium, my mindset adjustment from not allowing less than 80% SOC is still branded on my brain! That said watching them take the Victron at full throttle of 120 amps is gob smacking!
I did have a bit of an argument with Morelo over wiring one Freshlight on the inverter side, they clearly thought I was a numbnuts who did not understand, but they did it when I gave the dealer written instructions!
Michael

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Surely you'd use the electric blackout blind inside the windscreen, wouldn't you? I don't see why you'd use this. It looks sketchy to me!
Peter the internal blackout does not stop the huge amounts of heat that can be transmitted through the glass and having an external screen as well adds more protection from heat. Not sure what you mean by sketchy?

Michael

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin,

Sorry about your weather:giggle:

So the inverter and Freshlight is a little complicated in what I wanted and had installed. Firstly and a key part to my thinking, the 2200 Freshlight has an interesting and unique feature, you can set it to just ventilate, it has, unusually for an air con unit, a set of electromechanical flaps which open when selected open and the fan system exhausts air from the van in a similar way to the Fantastic vent for example, but without the cooling compressor.
I wanted to be able to run this feature when not on EHU so needed the Freshlight on the inverter side I therefore had Morelo put one Freshlight on the inverter and one on EHU only, however there is more to this side, read on.
Next in the process I replaced the Buttner with a Victron 3kw Multiplus, now the feature of these is that there are 2 off 230vac out, one is inverted fully the other is a switched circuit with UPS when EHU is engaged. So the other Freshlight is on that circuit.
I re-engineered my 230vac breaker panels to incorporate this and now I have the Fridge, 1 Freshlight, Washing machine and 24vdc charger on AC2 out of the Victron via a new RCD/Breaker and the rest on the full inverted service out of AC1, which means when on EHU the whole vans consumption is managed by the Victron and provides UPS whatever we run. The exception is the Alde heating which is direct from EHU. However I have an Alde load monitor which I set to the same as the Victron so the shore breaker is never taken unawares!
Therefore one Freshlight is on fully inverted the other will shut down if the EHU goes, the benefit being that I can run both when on a 6 amp EHU, plus the fridge, washing machine etc, the balance of amperage needed being made up from inversion.
Long winded and maybe a bit unclear, however back to your question yes I can run one of the Freshlights when on the road. I can also run one on inverter when there is good solar, however I would be consuming my solar feed when one is planning to top up.
Personally I am still coming to terms with the Lithium, my mindset adjustment from not allowing less than 80% SOC is still branded on my brain! That said watching them take the Victron at full throttle of 120 amps is gob smacking!
I did have a bit of an argument with Morelo over wiring one Freshlight on the inverter side, they clearly thought I was a numbnuts who did not understand, but they did it when I gave the dealer written instructions!
Michael
Thanks for that response Michael, fully detailed and reasoned as expected, I will digest at leisure.

Martin

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Excellent explanation, not sure what it all means, but you obviously are well switched on when it comes to electrical systems, no pun intended.
Lovely machine, one day one day.?

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Only just caught up with this thread. Super looking bit of kit - enjoy. I know the slide out makes a big difference, I would find it tough to be without that option.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Only just caught up with this thread. Super looking bit of kit - enjoy. I know the slide out makes a big difference, I would find it tough to be without that option.
We did look at an Elysian when coming down from the Yankee to a Euro in 2014 but eventually went for the Flair with no slides at all. Wonderful machine that we loved but the space issue having had 4 slides was always a constant niggle, maybe if we had not had them we would not have missed them. However as I sit in my Morelo with the slide out and all the space, I know it was the right decision.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael
Did you get your sunscreen? Looks a good bit of kit, thinking of one for my Concorde.
Mike.
Hi Mike,
Yes I did and although expensive it is great. The only caveat is that setting up the internal magnets needs an understanding that the magnets in the screen can move in the pockets by 5-10mm so you need to ensure that the magnets are at the top of the pockets on the top edge for example before linking up and fixing the internal ones. I did not and they have sent me replacement sa mounts and I will redo them this winter. Don't get me wrong it works fine still just not as tidy as I would like. No one else noticed!
Robert and Ingrid both speak good English and go out of their way to help, once you tell them your model they will likely already have made some before and have the sizes. Please mention my name then they will be sure to explain how to set up correctly.
I don't have it on at the moment as screen is facing NE but when I do I can take a picture.
Michael

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Lithium batteries and solar have made a huge difference for us. As you say, the way they absorb charge is gob smacking when hooked up or driving. But when not on EHU to come back to the van after a day out and find the batteries at 100% from solar is also great. Lithium is definitely the way to go.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I did that and they SLAMMED the phone down on me!!!!!!!!

I jest:LOL::LOL::LOL:, thanks for that, we pick up our next Concorde in two weeks so can get some measurements when it’s here in front of me.
Cheers Mike.
Which Concorde are you getting, do tell!

Jul 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Concorde 791RL
Exp
15 years
Which Concorde are you getting, do tell!
WELL! We just went to “LOOK”:whistle: and thinking of having a new one in a year or so.
At present we have a carver 890rrl @ 9m and it works very well, we like the back lounge and the office in the front, we have to do some work when away.
New one is a carver 791rl same sort of layout but only 8m.
Went to look if the shorter van was going to be a compromise because we liked the layout and it wasn’t.
SO!!!! When Claire (wife) started running around like a excited child I knew all was lost.:LOL:;)
Well that and when they showed me when you open a locker and wave your hand the lights come on.:cool:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Beautiful looking van.

A request.......

......next time you do a long trip could we put our PVC inside it in order to save our fuel? :)

Very jealous at present. Think I’ll go for a lie down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back