Our New Morelo Palace Liner, some early pics re-route home (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
In my experience with the same size 300L tank, we manage to fill it up in about 10 days (don't even think about saying that's about right because you're full of sh!t). Maybe that's because we don't normally use the site loo's

We have been in Spain for two weeks now and have really noticed the lack of filling station tank dump facilities; unlike France where they appear to be more common.

Lastly, we've also found that the Spanish sites seem to be more compact than others and getting a 9.3m around them and onto a pitch has been, shall we say, somewhat challenging!
Peter, I dont think you have a 300 litre black or grey tank, these are an option only available on Liners due to the increased underfloor height available, yours are likely 250 each and fresh 380, that said we had only a 160 black tank on the Flair and with prudent use it would last 10 days but less so and 7 days was a good marker, and we do not use camp facilities. There has to be a change of mindset if you want to get extended life out of the tank.
Interestingly the Morelo has a Dometic toilet, and I have to say I was sceptical based on normal Dometic experiences, however so far it is (A) Quieter than the Flair's Jabsco and the Yanks Tecma and (B) It has a more versatile flushing process. By this I mean that the Jabsco was a set volume of water for each of its 2 flushing settings, but the Dometic is press the button as much as you like. So with practice I am sure we will get a good period out of the tank. We did have 30 years on boats Peter so it has taken some practice.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
That truly is a thing of beauty. I would be over the moon to own something so special. Maybe one day.;) Enjoy your new van. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Now in the UK after a lot of delays and multiple "it's ready come and look" " oh no it's not maybe ..."
Into ES tomorrow to have the crap Buttner inverter charger swapped for a Victron.
Some good points:
The new 10 Series fridge freezer seems a real winner with temps being maintained with ease
The space created with the slide out combined with the bar version is beyond my expectation.
The submarine flaps actually provide better access to the space compared to the Flair
The finish and build quality is far superior to our 2015 Flair
The floor covering has a nice soft feel compared to our Flair
The MB engine is a beast, tanking past lorries on big hills is something I only dreamed of with the Daily
The engine brake is good
The cruise control is better than the daily, it remembers the setting after engine shut down for coffee for example
The Freshlights are a real plus
I will not list the cons until I have confirmed the outcome.
But overall Love it.

MichaelView attachment 310973

Michael what is a freshlight?

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Lovely! Rather shocked at the mpg though? Our 44t 6x2 MAN TGX pulling a tri axle low loader boat trailer with an 18t boat on can return 14mpg so 15''s seems a tad low??

Perhaps it's still tight and may return better figures when loosened up a bit. Also, romping past trucks up a hill should be a breeze as all trucks over 7.5t are limited to 56mph. Perhaps slight adjustment to drIving habits may return more frugal figures. Going to cost a bit in a pay and display too!

Lovely motor though! Enjoy.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Lovely! Rather shocked at the mpg though? Our 44t 6x2 MAN TGX pulling a tri axle low loader boat trailer with an 18t boat on can return 14mpg so 15''s seems a tad low??

Perhaps it's still tight and may return better figures when loosened up a bit. Also, romping past trucks up a hill should be a breeze as all trucks over 7.5t are limited to 56mph. Perhaps slight adjustment to drIving habits may return more frugal figures. Going to cost a bit in a pay and display too!

Lovely motor though! Enjoy.
Yes and yes. Needed to make up time and chose the quieter French motorways over the clogged and heavily under construction German ones. As a result 63 was a cruise control favourite.

Buster30

Free Member
Aug 4, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes ML580
Exp
Since 2018
The neighboring van next to ours last night in southern stockholm was a Morello Liner with a smart car in the garage, we’ll impressed

Attachments

• 792883EC-1962-4123-84C3-7AC2AE300C4A.jpeg
    792883EC-1962-4123-84C3-7AC2AE300C4A.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 125
Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
Thats a cracking camper proper merc or detroit motor only downer is the white finish reminds me of my dentist real wood is nicer but its a personal choice

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
A very nice looking vehicle . with a very spacious interior , slide makes all the difference :)
I would expect the mpg will improve when a few miles under the belt , as my 12tonne Damon with cruise set to 100kmh was good for 14 .

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
A very nice looking vehicle . with a very spacious interior , slide makes all the difference :)
I would expect the mpg will improve when a few miles under the belt , as my 12tonne Damon with cruise set to 100kmh was good for 14 .

14!!! :( I've had a wasted life :(

I couldn't afford to run it ... I'd just look at it and caress it and sing love songs to it and stand on guard with a shot gun all the time. It is beautiful.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
sallylillian did you get the Victron fitted and Buttner removed?
Hi Paul,
Yes next day after landing in the UK. Now have a Multiplus 3kw, Digital remote, BMV 712, Venus gx. I then reorganised the distribution boxes so I could use AC2 out of the Multi. Now I have a definitive system, for me anyway.
If anyone wants a 3kw 120amp inverter charger complete with remote and battery monitor I will let the whole package go for £750. Its £2000 list and virtually unused. Ideal for those with a less geeky nature.

Just in the process of fitting some garage racking that I ordered from a German company, and doing the Thule slide out bike rack as well as the 2 have to work together.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Just out of interest Michael, did you opt for the 2.4m width or the 2.5m ?
The Palace Liner comes standard at 2.5m. It makes a big difference, even without the slide, added to that the bar version adds more space. Indeed if someone wanted to save E30k go for the 2.5m wide and bar version and pass on the slide! Still love that slide space though!

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
The Palace Liner comes standard at 2.5m. It makes a big difference, even without the slide, added to that the bar version adds more space. Indeed if someone wanted to save E30k go for the 2.5m wide and bar version and pass on the slide! Still love that slide space though!

Thanks Michael. Our layout would be the two couch setup, we like to lounge a bit. I know it's only 100mm, but I suppose that makes quite a difference. (y)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Michael that is a stunning vehicle you must be chuffed with that
On a MH of that calibre what make of fridge does it come with you say it's a 10 series is that the make

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Michael that is a stunning vehicle you must be chuffed with that
On a MH of that calibre what make of fridge does it come with do they use the normal dometic or thetford version or something different and have you had any issues with it in hot weather or not had chance to try it yet
Interestingly its a Dometic but........ its the new 10 series, an aleged complete upgraded cooling unit which so far seems the case, mind you we did only have a max of ambient of 26c. Also the Morelo has a roof top vent rather than a sidewall vent which in itself is an improvement. I spoke to Loehner the MD when we were in Stuttgart and asked for it and he said yes. It is becoming standard in the 2020 models. Its the one with the double hinging flat doors which Martin's Jen liked funflair Worth googling and reading Dometics promotion, also I had the fan fitted during construction and Dometics line is that it will hold 6c in the fridge and -18 in the freezer with ambient of 40c if the fan is fitted. Time will tell!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Interestingly its a Dometic but........ its the new 10 series, an aleged complete upgraded cooling unit which so far seems the case, mind you we did only have a max of ambient of 26c. Also the Morelo has a roof top vent rather than a sidewall vent which in itself is an improvement. I spoke to Loehner the MD when we were in Stuttgart and asked for it and he said yes. It is becoming standard in the 2020 models. Its the one with the double hinging flat doors which Martin's Jen liked funflair Worth googling and reading Dometics promotion, also I had the fan fitted during construction and Dometics line is that it will hold 6c in the fridge and -18 in the freezer with ambient of 40c if the fan is fitted. Time will tell!
Indeed Michael she fell for the fridge, just need to decide which van it goes in now ;) she bought a car once because the headlights popped up:D2

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back