Our new Hymer (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I,m gunna post a photo of a dead same year and model as I didn't take any photos.

Reasons for our choice is I wanted rear wheel drive, I wanted to follow my old mechanic mate of mine who used to work extensively on mercs and his poem went like this.

If the gearsticks on the floor, look around and buy some more
But if the gearstick's on the dash, get outa there in a flash.

After 2000 they are a pile of crap he used to shout.

The one we chose is in lovely condition, 1998 Starline 640, full service history, underfloor exterior in pristine condition, a host of extras. Fully winterised.

We finally decided that with the way things are progressing with motorhomes and looking into the future that a cheap, quality one was required within our £17000 budget, get in there. What a beauty for cheap as chips price. Bone dry, new tyres, rear mudflaps, dirt skirt, 2 solar, new tyres, cab air con, cruise control, water filter, underfloor Truma saphir air con(it works great but will we use it?), brand new fridge freezer, sat dish, rear ladder, chequer plate roof, underslung gas tank, fully upholstered 2 years ago, silver screens exterior, sat dish but not sure if it works, its a manual adjust one, it goes up and down but after that I,m lost, Warranty, local dealer, it is getting polished, they were doing it today when I called.

Shower tray needs repairing, they are removing it and getting it fibre glassed underneath, apart from that and a little alufrass on the skirts its beautiful.

And guess where the bloody gearstick is:D2:xlaugh:

starline-1998-640-jpg.202800

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Almost new alloy wheels too and a k+n air filter, cruise control, the list is endless

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
A engine capable of a million miles, a great front lounge layout, rwd to get you off wet grass and the best bit ? you will get close to what you paid for it if you were to sell it in a few years time.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
A engine capable of a million miles, a great front lounge layout, rwd to get you off wet grass and the best bit ? you will get close to what you paid for it if you were to sell it in a few years time.

Yes we think alike sir,exactly our reasoning:xThumb:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A lovely Van and congratulations .
Have happy and safe travels in her and hope to meet in a field sometime.!

Has she a name yet?!

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Love the shape of those older Hymers. Looks a great buy.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Again, congratulations Paul & Caroline. :xThumb:

We finally decided that with the way things are progressing with motorhomes and looking into the future that a cheap, quality one was required within our £17000 budget, get in there.
That's why we've just spent (or we will have by this Friday :xwink: ) £1250 (ish) on a complete overhaul of the front and rear suspension, brakes (including new brake pipes throughout), and the cab Air Con condenser, on our tandem axle Hymer. The ride quality is better than it has been for years, and we get to keep the build quality. Money well spent.................................we think anyway. :xThumb:

Rita and I hope that you both enjoy your latest MH. :xThumb: You should have hung on to that beautiful S Class though. :xwink:

BTW, we're still up for that UK tour of "Spoons" we spoke about years ago, are you? :xlaugh:

Cheers for now,

Jock. :xsmile:

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks jock, yes definitely up for a wether's tour, especially now that we have a van again, or will have shortly.
The S class was great but in my opinion the engine wasn't man enough to lug around 6.4 metres which is what it was plated at(5990kg standard). It really struggled on anything but flat and would have been better with the iveco 3 litre unit in.
Sounds like you are keeping yours, good choice and money well spent:xThumb:i think.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Wishing you many happy, trouble free miles in your new van and hope Ted is well pleased.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back