Our new girl.....Belle (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
So...We brought a heavily pregnant, stray Lurcher to ASH Animal Rescue here in Wicklow, She was lovely and would have kept her if she wasn't going to be having pups, A lovely natured dog and she is now going to get the care she deserves. The Rescue Centre is run by a Dutch couple for the past 26 years, If there is such a place as heaven, they will surely have the best seats there!.....Anyway, we went intending to leave one lovely dog who clearly needed help only to be struck by " Those Eyes " in another kennel as we were leaving....Well, I looked at the wife and she just nodded " Yes ".....We already have a 4 year old Male Collie who is plain mental !.....This little girl had the most gorgeous sad blue eyes looking at us we couldnt leave without her. Went back and filled all the relevent papers and took her home....she spent the morning with us on Brittas Bay Beach...10 mins from the house....few pics below...
b15.jpg
belle.jpg
b11.jpg
b12.jpg
before.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A lovely dog and so lucky to be having a loving caring home (y)
How has your other dog coped ?!:)

OP
OP
Irishrover
Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
A lovely dog and so lucky to be having a loving caring home (y)
How has your other dog coped ?!:)
He has been brilliant so far with his new sister! He is always good with female dogs anyway and the fact Belle is very quiet and not even a year old, pose's no threat to him. She is the total opposite of him, the rescue centre think she was abused .

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
He has been brilliant so far with his new sister! He is always good with female dogs anyway and the fact Belle is very quiet and not even a year old, pose's no threat to him. She is the total opposite of him, the rescue centre think she was abused .
Oh poor love I m sure she will gain confidence with you all ,hope she likes the MH!!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Blue eyed is supposed to be the most intelligent, tiz said

However "Bradley" our Sheltie/Border X had brown eyes, and for working stock he was bloody brilliant, he had "the EYE" too.

If you want to know if your dog has "the EYE" find a friendly farmer near you and ask if you can test if your dog has "the EYE.

Basically the farmer gets a few sheep near by, you introduce your dog to them, if it suddenly crouches down and gazes fixedly at the Sheep, it has "the EYE and can be used as working dog. We tested Brad when he was only 6 weeks old,

He crouched.

OP
OP
Irishrover
Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Blue eyed is supposed to be the most intelligent, tiz said

However "Bradley" our Sheltie/Border X had brown eyes, and for working stock he was bloody brilliant, he had "the EYE" too.

If you want to know if your dog has "the EYE" find a friendly farmer near you and ask if you can test if your dog has "the EYE.

Basically the farmer gets a few sheep near by, you introduce your dog to them, if it suddenly crouches down and gazes fixedly at the Sheep, it has "the EYE and can be used as working dog. We tested Brad when he was only 6 weeks old,

He crouched.
Funny you say that! We had our lad down in Clare last month, Went to a sheepdog demonstration and farmer spotted our lad, asked to try him out in the field......Well....he just stood like a stone behind the other dogs! Have a pic of that so I will will post it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Got a picture somewhere of "Rasputin" our Beagle X guarding a very rambunctious Ram while we sheared its 7 females, he's quite relaxed about it just sitting there while the Ram, is stamping it's foot glaring
I'll try to get the grandson to post it for me.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Look at this & tell me she's not ..... SUPERDOG

Link Removed

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh what a beautiful girl you have there, looks like she will fit in perfectly, hopefully the Lurcher will have a good new home when she had had her pups. Well done you. (y)

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Well done probably a hard start for Belle in life but she's going to have
a brilliant future.

Thanks for doing the right thing with both Belle and the Lurcher.

:clap::clap:

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Beautiful Belle indeed. :) How could anyone abuse an animal... I don't know.
She's lucky you found her. (y)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Now if ever I saw a dog with an overload of charm & character its this beautiful dog. Here's hoping that you all live a long happy life.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back