Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Not sure how I missed this thread, sorry, but that new van of yours really does look like a lovely bit of kit.

There's only a few van designs which I like from the outside and yours is definitely one of them - very cool looking :cool:

Now get some miles on the clock:smiley:

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Not sure how I missed this thread, sorry, but that new van of yours really does look like a lovely bit of kit.

There's only a few van designs which I like from the outside and yours is definitely one of them - very cool looking :cool:

Now get some miles on the clock:smiley:
Are you still looking then Andrew?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Not sure how I missed this thread, sorry,
Same here jongood. :(

She is an absolute beauty. (y) Is she on a Merc or an MAN chassis?

we re hoping for another 10 years out of it.
That was our plan too Jon when we bought the Hymer back in 2005, and again, when we bought Martin & Jen's Flair in December. We'll have had at least 7 x years out the Flair, if I don't get to retain my C1 at 70....................but hopefully I will. ;)

Many happy days in your (new to you) 12 tonner (y) ................................when DVLA finally get their finger out their ar$e. :mad:

BTW, I love the P45 mirrors. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Same here jongood. :(

She is an absolute beauty. (y) Is she on a Merc or an MAN chassis?

That was our plan too Jon when we bought the Hymer back in 2005, and again, when we bought Martin & Jen's Flair in December. We'll have had at least 7 x years out the Flair, if I don't get to retain my C1 at 70....................but hopefully I will. ;)

Many happy days in your (new to you) 12 tonner (y) ................................when DVLA finally get their finger out their ar$e. :mad:

BTW, I love the P45 mirrors. ;)

Cheers,

MAN Chassis, 6.8litre 6 cylinder and 6 speed manual box. I decided some time ago that I miss changing gears on newer trucks most of which were actually better with a gearstick in them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
MAN Chassis, 6.8litre 6 cylinder and 6 speed manual box. I decided some time ago that I miss changing gears on newer trucks most of which were actually better with a gearstick in them.
I've always preferred manual gear boxes Jon ,except that which was in the Renault Premium. The spring gate caused me terrible "tennis elbow", but within a couple of day driving the Magnum, a Scania or Volvo, the pain would ease off. One day back on the Premium, and it was back with a vengeance. :( IMHO, manual boxes help to keep your mind on the job of driving, rather than press for go & push for stop, which does little to encourage economy or vehicle sympathy. :(

I prefer to choose my own gear ratio for a particular descent, bend, or traffic situation, rather than have the box decide for me and relying on the brakes all the time. I do love retarders though. ;)

Cheers,

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I've always preferred manual gear boxes Jon ,except that which was in the Renault Premium. The spring gate caused me terrible "tennis elbow", but within a couple of day driving the Magnum, a Scania or Volvo, the pain would ease off. One day back on the Premium, and it was back with a vengeance. :( IMHO, manual boxes help to keep your mind on the job of driving, rather than press for go & push for stop, which does little to encourage economy or vehicle sympathy. :(

I prefer to choose my own gear ratio for a particular descent, bend, or traffic situation, rather than have the box decide for me and relying on the brakes all the time. I do love retarders though. ;)

Cheers,

To expand on the last sentence of Jock's post; one can choose the timing of the change down, based on what one can see of the terrain or upcoming bend - should one select 3rd for a gentle bend or 2nd for a sharp one? The auto box cannot see, nor does it know how heavily or lightly loaded one is.

Geoff

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Cheers,

Yes got retarder and exhaust brake on it - superb

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Our new baby, On a 12 tonne coach chassis, Full air + air seats, 6 cylinder manual with a telma, its as smooth as silk with enough torque to pull a house down. Alde in the body with heat exchangers both ways, 2 x A/cs plus ice cold cab, Efoy, Gas genny etc etc etc. Needs a bit of TLC but absolutely lovely. Worth the wait.View attachment 414590View attachment 414591View attachment 414592View attachment 414593
I really like the look of this van ...what year is it?

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Question for those driving the 7.5 ton plus.

Did you already have the required licence or obtain it to acquire the vehicle?

What sort of cost is involved

Cheers

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I really like the look of this van ...what year is it?
2003. Tbf they are an acquired taste, They are incredibly well made, well equipped (mostly) and very well finished, everything has the feel of quality about it. They were available on MB MAN or Iveco chassis.

The 6 cylinder MAN is the best drive but inexperienced drivers struggle with the manual Gearbox (as a trucker I love it). The 4 cylinders tend to be a bit underpowered unless you have serious work done. The Mercs have an auto but they are not as nice to drive as the MAN.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Question for those driving the 7.5 ton plus.

Did you already have the required licence or obtain it to acquire the vehicle?

What sort of cost is involved

Cheers

I ve had the licence for years and regularly drive artics. You see Class C courses advertised for Ā£1500 and taking 4 days but I guess this would depend on experience. It would be advisiable to mention when enquiring that you don't need driver CPC unless you want to be a trucker that is.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
2003. Tbf they are an acquired taste, They are incredibly well made, well equipped (mostly) and very well finished, everything has the feel of quality about it. They were available on MB MAN or Iveco chassis.

The 6 cylinder MAN is the best drive but inexperienced drivers struggle with the manual Gearbox (as a trucker I love it). The 4 cylinders tend to be a bit underpowered unless you have serious work done. The Mercs have an auto but they are not as nice to drive as the MAN.
That looks in amazing condition and ultra modern for a 2003

It's a shame it's over 7.5 as I couldn't drive it but that to me is a much nicer motorhome than some of the newer mega pricey ones that a lot drool over

The interior of yours is very much my taste also ....it's a cracker

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Jon

Was 2003 about the end of the Clou line?

Of course a Clou was the first model N&B built when they started.

I have never known whether the road the N&B factory is in (Cloustrasse) was named because of the Clou factory or the other way around. Anyone know?

Geoff

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That looks in amazing condition and ultra modern for a 2003

It's a shame it's over 7.5 as I couldn't drive it but that to me is a much nicer motorhome than some of the newer mega pricey ones that a lot drool over

The interior of yours is very much my taste also ....it's a cracker
It is indeed a cracking van and I have had the privilege of climbing all over it, inside and out, I also drool over the new modern stuff and can appreciate both;)

you might get a 4cylinder Clou under 7.5t just.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
It is indeed a cracking van and I have had the privilege of climbing all over it, inside and out, I also drool over the new modern stuff and can appreciate both;)

you might get a 4cylinder Clou under 7.5t just.
And the good news is that I believe DVLA have registered it HAPPY DAYS :dance2::dance2:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
And the good news is that I believe DVLA have registered it HAPPY DAYS :dance2::dance2:
Nice one. (y)
Does that mean you'll be all packed and ready, (engine running and lights on), waiting for the postman to ring the bell and deliver the V5 Jon? :LOL:

Don't forget to photocopy it before shooting off. ;)

Cheers,

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I donā€™t know what you paid itā€™s of no consequence,however, l do know that when day comes that you sell it in 10 years or whatever it will make very close to what you paid for it. An investment in a Classic lots of fun to come.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I donā€™t know what you paid itā€™s of no consequence,however, l do know that when day comes that you sell it in 10 years or whatever it will make very close to what you paid for it. An investment in a Classic lots of fun to come.
I've just been looking at a few on mobile.de and amazed at some of them....but they do have a very wide range it seems

A few nice ones and a few not so nice

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Great bit of kit. I could lose the wife in that šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Its seems that problem had already been identified

P1030740.JPG
P1030741.JPG
P1030740.JPG
P1030741.JPG

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You beat me to it Jon, I can just imagine you on the road at 6 am and Sue on the "bed phone" get the kettle on Jon I need a cup of tea "i'm driving" but you told me you were good at multi tasking Jon.

Sue 6am??? what are you thinking Martin? 9am is pushing it! luckily I can be 3/4s of the way to Folkestone by then

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back