our new Arapaho (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Well we have had our Autotrail Arapaho now for 3 weeks, (bought it at the Newark Show) so far very pleased with it, loads more room and despite us being worried about moving from the Mercedes Sprinter engine with the Sprintshift auto gear box have to say the 3lt Fiat Ducato engine is a dream, coupled with the tag axle she is as smooth as we could wish for.
We had the engine re-mapped and phew the Fiat is very nimble, giving 27mpg which we think is excellent.:thumb:

Has anyone else had their Fiat re-mapped and how are you getting on with it?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have for sale a full set of (never walked on, unused) carpets for a 2006 Autotrail Arapaho, contact me if you are interested

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We have/are been looking at the Autotrail Cheyanne, 840..

Seem to be a resonable build quality,,,, but all depends on whether we sell our RV..

Hope you have many more happy holidays in yours..:thumb: Does it make any difference having a remap to what you can "Tow" ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
We have/are been looking at the Autotrail Cheyanne, 840..

Seem to be a resonable build quality,,,, but all depends on whether we sell our RV..

Hope you have many more happy holidays in yours..:thumb: Does it make any difference having a remap to what you can "Tow" ?

All I can tell you as I haven`t driven a standard 3ltr engine is that we now have 30% + more power, it is certainly smart away from the lights, amazing when you get a car come alongside on those two lane sections that merge into one lane after the lights, they`re thinking we don`t want to be stuck behind this and then when the lights change you pull away a tad quicker than them.
Lovely to see their face.. opps is that a mad glint in my eye...:winky:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Very envious I love the arapaho layout, but a little to long for where we live.

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Very envious I love the arapaho layout, but a little to long for where we live.

Ahhh now then that nearly caused a heart attack moment, don`t ask me why but from the very first day of ownership of our Autotrail Cheyenne I always thought it was 24ft long, (have narrowed it down to the motor bike rack adding to it`s length) anyway can remember saying to Chris at the show whilst we stood inside the Arapaho her at one end me at the other, "this doesn`t half look long compared to our Cheyenne" will it fit in the driveway asks Chris, of course it will it only 5ft longer no worries...:Doh:

I`m pleased to anounce we haven`t had to knock the wall down, it fits as snug as a glove...inch perfect, actually 1/4" perfect..:thumb:

Phew that was close...but I knew it all along....:whistle:

ps. the Cheyenne is only 21`-6" long...gulp

grandadbaza

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Habrough, N E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
Glad you like your new van , we have the Comanche ,it will be a year old in June and we have been really pleased with it,we had it remapped from day one when the tracker was fitted ,and agree with you about its niftyness for a big van, (I must be a lot heavier on the pedal than you as I cant get near your 27mpg)
Anyway enjoy your van,
Have you got the ultimate accessory a " Motorhome Fun window sticker

Baza

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
congrats on your new motorhome.
i must look into getting a remap on mine if you can get 27mpg mind you mine is over 10 ft high has roof bars and weighs in at just under 5 tons.
though the 3 litre is a nippy engine even in such a large vehicle i get around 20-22mpg on a standard setup.

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
congrats on your new motorhome.
i must look into getting a remap on mine if you can get 27mpg mind you mine is over 10 ft high has roof bars and weighs in at just under 5 tons.
though the 3 litre is a nippy engine even in such a large vehicle i get around 20-22mpg on a standard setup.

Thanks for that we are really enjoying it so far, have added a few little extras to make it more comfortable, like a 12v outlet in the rear storage area, now we just wheel up our aquaroll, connect the submersible pump drop it in and top up the fresh water.
No lifting or carrying easy.
Our Arapaho is over 10 ft high and weighs in at just over 5 tons so am really pleased with the performance and enconomy, you will hopefully get the same results.:thumb:

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
arapaho carpets

I have for sale a full set of (never walked on, unused) carpets for a 2006 Autotrail Arapaho, contact me if you are interested

Hi Jim, did send you a pm, never certain if these digital messages do arrive.
Anyway we just wanted to know what colour the carpets are.

Regards Rob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back