Our motorhome

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by klaatu, Mar 26, 2008.

1. klaatu

klaatu Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    You may or may not remember that I arrived here because we have a long term plan to buy a motorhome and drive off into the sunset fulltiming.

What I didn't mention is that we do already have a motorhome, and here she is:

[​IMG]

What a beauty, eh? All I have to do is get the stupid thing to start and then decide where to go with it. Nearest scrapyard, I think.

Steve

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Ratings:
    +93,556

Gosh that's a lot of snow on the roof:Smile:

How old is it? Have you been away much in it?

3. klaatu

klaatu Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    It's 30 years old this year. And we've used it exactly... once. We actually bought it en-route when we moved up here nearly two years ago, as the journey involved an overnight stop, and with two dogs and three cats it seemed like a good solution.

The plan was that we would then use it for odd nights away, but once parked it refused to start again, and I haven't yet had the right combination of suitable weather and enthusiasm to work out what the problem is.

Steve

4. olley

olley Funster

Ratings:
    +4,502
    Hi that brings back memories, first motorhome we ever owned was a pop-up-roof Sherpa, bought new in 1978, had some good times in it, in the five years we owned it. Toured scotland, the lake district and cornwall, magic.

Usual rust problems I see along the horizontal seams, carthorse springs and heavy steering, apart from that very reliable.::bigsmile: Go for it, get it started and have fun.

Olley